Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OniKyan View Post
    O rly?

Point taken though. That 2.7i has a whole lot of money thrown at it and there is no way OP's car runs a 13 second quarter unless it's got mods he isn't telling us about.
    I am sure you read the bottom part about building a NA m20. Not saying it cannot be done at all. It can, but you will spend more money than swapping a s54. Or close to it! So again turbo is the only logical cost effective solution to getting around a 13 second e30. If you want a fast car the e30 is not for you. Not directed at you, more of a statement if you will. But the e30 can be insanely fast if you know what to spend your money on.

I went the turbo route because I want around 300ish whp and the whoosh! So yeah, NA power you will not get a 13sec e30 off a stock rebuild. More at 9k for the custom pistons, rods, boring and other machine work. My brother has over 4k into his m52 bottom end b25 stroker. That will be lucky to get 210ish to the crank. Schrick 288 cam and race springs. Knifed and shaved m52 crank, ported and polished head and intake. New everything.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Post this in the bimmerforums kills stories.:twisted:
      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by EDirtyZ View Post
          No I'm shit on him off the line and pulled fully on him. One because he had to
          Shift at 6500 and I had untill 7500 to shift. 2nd is I
          Have a rebuilt engine he has 210k miles on the V8 3. I'm lighter. 4. I know how to drive. My car can run a high 13 quarter mile.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH. This is an entertaining thread, very entertaining. Since you're so fast, care to race me in my 5.0L swapped e30?

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
              HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH. This is an entertaining thread, very entertaining. Since you're so fast, care to race me in my 5.0L swapped e30?
              He runs 13's, don't know how fair that will be ;)

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                13 second 1/4? Drag slip? or did that fall and catch on fire? Have you banned anyone lately Jason?

WAIT! my bad...I forgot you have a short throw shifter.
                Only spammers! But i see no need to ban this guy. He's just digging his own grave lol.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

He's fantastic entertainment!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                    Only spammers! But i see no need to ban this guy. He's just digging his own grave lol.
                    He gave me a nice shovel :evil: I wonder if he even owns an e30? If he did he would know they are slow as balls stock, rebuilt, stroked and bored out. xD

(Not directed at Jason)
                    Want a fast car? buy an E36/46 M3, Evo or STI, they are insanely quick for how cheap they are. You can pick up a nice M3 for 5-10k or the e46 13+
                    STI can be had at E36 M3 money. The e30 is a classic, raw go cart that is costly to fix back up and make fast. Ask me how I know! I totaled up some of my build last night. I am at e46 M3 money right now, fucking LOVE this car. Drove the e46 M3 for a month, I did not smile even half as much as I do with this monster. I cannot wait for that WOOSH!!!!

My Parent's Honda Odyssey with the V6 3.5L Vtec shits on my e30 all day in a straight line lol. Turbo will resolve that!
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

ban

`92 325 vert - `90 325 coupe `99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                        Do it at night so you can see oncoming cars headlights and that one dude who walks his dog at 2am.
                        Hey, fuck you! It's okay, just buy me a burger at 5-guys, throw in a reach around, and we're good.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtie2bimmer View Post
                          Beating the GT is highly unlikely...

HOWEVER, from my years going to both 1/4 and 1/8 ( still don't know wtf a 1/3 is) I have beaten cars that were more powerful and generally faster. Too much wheel spin at launch, cocked up 1-2 shift... I had one dude blow his head gasket (still counts)...

OR OP is full of shit, the guy wasn't actually racing, just driving about normally, and OP THOUGHT he was racing lol
                          back when i mad my m50 vert i won a drag race against a scion tc that was boosted pushing over 600whp, their motor blew up on launch...every reall racer knows it doesn't matter if you win by a inch or a mile

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                            back when i mad my m50 vert i won a drag race against a scion tc that was boosted pushing over 600whp, their motor blew up on launch...every reall racer knows it doesn't matter if you win by a inch or a mile
                            Yea, me and the mad scientist had to rip apart that guys block and replace the piston rings he fried.

It was a long night.

I don't know what happened to our buddy though, the cops showed and the busta dissapeared, so I went back to the safe house.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

No video was taken! Well it was but the my phone fell and the screen cracked and won't turn on!
                              OH! How convenient lawl.

I know how to drive. My car can run a high 13 quarter mile.
                              Both of these are called into question. Why were you asking advice if you're such a good driver. Also, why even make a "help" post if you think your car runs high 13's...especially when you can Google the 1/4's of both the opponents. (3.8=16's-17's...4.6=15's) obviously fluctuating based on the driver.

I said a high 13 13.94 not EXTREMELY accurate but it's give or
                              Take .5 seconds. It wasn't at a track. But it was 13.94 average out of 7 trials at 97 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                                He runs 13's, don't know how fair that will be ;)
                                I don't have drag radials, it'd be pretty fair!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Working...
                                X