R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Suspension & Unsprung > 5 Lug Conversions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2018, 05:47 PM   #31
ngampleh
E30 Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30335i View Post
Is there a thread dedicated to your 5 lug of people showing off their wheel set ups?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No thread.. sorry
But I can ask to my buyers about their setup & pic
Then post it here
__________________
[ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
---------------------------------------------------------------
[ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
---------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction Feedback
ngampleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #32
cocofunk
Noobie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Jose
Posts: 38
Couple questions as I was going to go z3 hubs in the rear, but now might do this.

planning to do:
z4 rear hubs onto 88 e30 trailing arms (75mm bearing)
325i/328i e46 rear calipers and rotors

questions:
1. I want to confirm if I can keep my e30 Ebrake with this rotor (I think I can)?
2. What about e30 Ebrake on the 330i rotors?
3. What would be the brake bias with the e36M3 OEM stock calipers in the front?
4. e30 rear stock offset is 20mm, and z4 is +2.5mm, so that is 22.5mm offset, so what wheel offset spacers do I need? I am planning to run ARC 8 17x8.5 wheels and they come in 20 offset and 40 offset.
5. Then if I do all this, do I need a rear fender roll?

If answers are :
1. Yes
2. Yes or no
3. stock or near stock (good for autox/track)
4. no spacers with Arc 8 17x8.5 offset 20mm ; yes spacers with those wheels in 40 offset
5. minimal to no fender roll

I will take a rear set.
cocofunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:34 PM   #33
ngampleh
E30 Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocofunk View Post
Couple questions as I was going to go z3 hubs in the rear, but now might do this.

planning to do:
z4 rear hubs onto 88 e30 trailing arms (75mm bearing)
325i/328i e46 rear calipers and rotors

questions:
1. I want to confirm if I can keep my e30 Ebrake with this rotor (I think I can)?
2. What about e30 Ebrake on the 330i rotors?
3. What would be the brake bias with the e36M3 OEM stock calipers in the front?
4. e30 rear stock offset is 20mm, and z4 is +2.5mm, so that is 22.5mm offset, so what wheel offset spacers do I need? I am planning to run ARC 8 17x8.5 wheels and they come in 20 offset and 40 offset.
5. Then if I do all this, do I need a rear fender roll?

If answers are :
1. Yes
2. Yes or no
3. stock or near stock (good for autox/track)
4. no spacers with Arc 8 17x8.5 offset 20mm ; yes spacers with those wheels in 40 offset
5. minimal to no fender roll


I will take a rear set.
All your questions the answers on old thread here
https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=325258

1. Yes, it will retain stock e30 parking brake
2. Yes, it work with put spacer ring to compensate smaller drum/shoe diameter, or modify the shoe like this...
http://www.argyrides.eu/bmw/mods/330...ear_brakes.htm
3. if you using e28/e30m3 25.4mm brake MC, brake bias will be 70/30..
which good for track and street
and if you keep with stock e30 brake master cyl, brake bias will 58/42
stock e30 brake bias is 55/45
4. no spacers with Arc 8 17x8.5 offset 20mm ; yes spacers with those wheels in 40 offset
5. minimal to no fender roll, but need to flatten the bulge inside inner fender

I have stock ready to ship,
and the price is 135.00 + shipping
__________________
[ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
---------------------------------------------------------------
[ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
---------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction Feedback
ngampleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #34
ngampleh
E30 Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 461
Bump...
__________________
[ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
---------------------------------------------------------------
[ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
---------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction Feedback
ngampleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:33 AM   #35
itsonlygeorge
Mod Crazy
 
itsonlygeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 772
Any way to make an adapter for regular e36 brakes to fit a 15 in wheel in front?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nando View Post
I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.
itsonlygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:27 PM   #36
ngampleh
E30 Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
Any way to make an adapter for regular e36 brakes to fit a 15 in wheel in front?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can do with e46 325i 300x22mm brake setup...
and need light shave on caliper carrier to fit 15s wheel...
__________________
[ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
---------------------------------------------------------------
[ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
---------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction Feedback
ngampleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #37
itsonlygeorge
Mod Crazy
 
itsonlygeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngampleh View Post
I can do with e46 325i 300x22mm brake setup...
and need light shave on caliper carrier to fit 15s wheel...


I have the e46m3 setup on it now, just not able to find appropriate winter tires that fit. I was considering looking for a different adapter to fit smaller wheels.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nando View Post
I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.
itsonlygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:33 PM   #38
ngampleh
E30 Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 461
is that e46m3 with knuckle & suspension or used adapters on e30 knuckle ?
__________________
[ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
---------------------------------------------------------------
[ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
---------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction Feedback
ngampleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:33 AM   #39
itsonlygeorge
Mod Crazy
 
itsonlygeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 772
Adapters on e30 knuckle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nando View Post
I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.
itsonlygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #40
ngampleh
E30 Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 461
I need your help to measure a dimension, in order to make sure my 5 lug sleeve offset from the caliper mounting to hub is same..
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
Adapters on e30 knuckle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
[ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
---------------------------------------------------------------
[ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
---------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction Feedback
ngampleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2020 R3VLimited LLC