How much is my car worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is my car worth

So the time has come to sell my beloved E30... except i dont know how much its worth... to me its worth alot more than it actually it is because of sentimental value so go on and break my heart

Its a 1987 325is
    Has pearl beige sports seats
    Odo stop working at 168 but carfax shows that its at around 210xxx engine works fine
    Has cheap ebay headers and full custom dual 2.5 exhaust

Will post pics of the interior tomorrow but here is one without the seats

Forgot to add it has eibach lowering springs all around with bilisten sport shocks
    Eibach strut bar

Comment

Really pretty early! It's obviously hard to put a price on a car without knowing its faults, as well as its strengths, but I paid $6.8k for mine a couple years ago. It was a very clean rust-free example, but also had shrick cams, a minty m3 interior, a built diff and a bunch of new internals. The market has done nothing but go up since then, helping your cause. Judging from what little can be gleaned from two pics, it looks like a $5-6k car to me, but I love an early. Shame you have to sell it. Either way, best of luck with the sale!

Comment

For me you have to list the goods and the bads based upon what people want.
        + for Sway bar
        - for 170k miles
        - for non bbs rims
        + for suspension
        + for interior

Keep in mind this is just how I look at things. I would say the high 4k's to up to mid 5k's

Good luck with the sell!

Comment

It's worth about $10 with all of those non-euro hose clamps
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Its hard to get anything over 3k for a high mileage early model. I would start at 3.5k and go from there.
            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by Hcopeland View Post

- for non bbs rims

How dare ANY of us not put BBS rimzzzz on an e30.

OP I would give no more than 3k, but I'm not a DB fan. Probably like 2500.
              Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                Nice to see I'm not the only one who's particular on using BMW hose clamps.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                  Lol well all those non euro hose clamps where about 10 all together xD
                  Last edited by GCAutosports; 02-03-2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hcopeland View Post
                    For me you have to list the goods and the bads based upon what people want.
                    + for Sway bar
                    - for 170k miles
                    - for non bbs rims
                    + for suspension
                    + for interior

Keep in mind this is just how I look at things. I would say the high 4k's to up to mid 5k's

Good luck with the sell!
                    It does include 14x6.5 euro weaves but i do like my oz wheels

Comment

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
                      Really pretty early! It's obviously hard to put a price on a car without knowing its faults, as well as its strengths, but I paid $6.8k for mine a couple years ago. It was a very clean rust-free example, but also had shrick cams, a minty m3 interior, a built diff and a bunch of new internals. The market has done nothing but go up since then, helping your cause. Judging from what little can be gleaned from two pics, it looks like a $5-6k car to me, but I love an early. Shame you have to sell it. Either way, best of luck with the sale!
                      I dont want to im trying my best not to atleast...ive spend to much time on it... even on the paint i have to take lots of care for it since it is original

Comment

Just a heads up, admins will most likely move or delete this tomorrow because it is not a for sale or a want to buy, but rather, a general question. BUT in the mean time, location is probably the biggest part of a car's true value. An alpine iS that's as clean as yours, even with those wheels and diving boards, would get between 4 and 5k easy in my area, just a question of knowing your market! Also, if you have sentimental value to it, don't even post it as a feeler because it wastes everyone's time. When you're truly ready to sell, then post it, if not, don't. Damn feeler ads. Anyway, yeah, location is huge, if you have maintenance records and can prove the 210k miles are well documented and maintained, that'll also bump it up a bit just for the peace of mind.
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                          Just a heads up, admins will most likely move or delete this tomorrow because it is not a for sale or a want to buy, but rather, a general question. BUT in the mean time, location is probably the biggest part of a car's true value. An alpine iS that's as clean as yours, even with those wheels and diving boards, would get between 4 and 5k easy in my area, just a question of knowing your market! Also, if you have sentimental value to it, don't even post it as a feeler because it wastes everyone's time. When you're truly ready to sell, then post it, if not, don't. Damn feeler ads. Anyway, yeah, location is huge, if you have maintenance records and can prove the 210k miles are well documented and maintained, that'll also bump it up a bit just for the peace of mind.
                          Youre 100% right but who doesnt have a sentimental value to their e30s!!!! I live in El Paso t and has been here all its live...no rust at all and well every once in a while a dude will want to sell his early e30 for 8k no joke...also is there anyway i can move this to a general discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by GCAutosports View Post
                            also is there anyway i can move this to a general discussion?
                            Unfortunately not, admins have to do that
                            C6Z
                            S2K
                            VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                              Unfortunately not, admins have to do that
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X