2jz M3 Replica Build Thread - Pictures resized - Updated: 6/9-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2jz M3 Replica Build Thread - Pictures resized - Updated: 6/9-2016

Hello. Too keep at long story short. It's not my car, but a good friend of mine. Im helping him to build this car cus we share the same passion for e30, and he aint have the skills to do custom fab. And there are aint no better thing than use other pepole's money to by, things that you want:devil:
    The goal is to build a rust free, fiberglass m3, 2j powerd, 600hp++ street monster :devil:
    Hope you will follow my build thread even tho im bad at english :p

At this point we have the engine in the hole. Engine mounts are brougth at SD perfomance here in Denmark. ABC clutch kit w. 2plate tilton clutch (900nm). E39 530d gearbox. Custom gearbox Mount, uuc poly mount are ordered for the gearbox. The rest can you see at the pictures.
    Last edited by Nelsson; 10-04-2016, 12:13 PM.

My son is helping with the small stuff.. Very small stuff :D
    Last edited by Nelsson; 07-02-2016, 04:24 AM.

Comment

SD performance engine Mount

Oil pan cut and plate welded in to make room for the steering rack.

Custom gearbox Mount. With my friends 87' m-tech II m50b25 vanos in the back ground.
      Last edited by Nelsson; 07-02-2016, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Bottum view of the eBay shifter

Way to expensive brand new original BMW parts cutted over and welded together. I'm glad to be the man that are doing the cutting and NOT the one paying for all the parts. The reason why its made in an angle is that the guibo is very big on a 530d, so the only way to make it clear is to angle it like that.
        Last edited by Nelsson; 07-02-2016, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Here is some videos of the fun of the day.

My friend own more than one projekt. This is his v8 Cab. Sounds good to me

And a little Rolling burnout in my m30 powerd touring
          Last edited by Nelsson; 07-02-2016, 04:48 AM.

Comment

The images are way too big, even for my 1920x1080 display. I guess i need some 4K's.

Comment

The plan so far is.

Engine:
              Single turbo setup
              Upgaded fuel system
              Custom 3" to 2x2,5" straight pipe exhaust
              Big fmic

Drivetrain:
              E39 530d gearbox
              ABC clutch kit
              Custom driveshaft
              188 diff 2,92 LSD (if it want hold up we will go for 210 diff with custom axels)

Brakes & other:
              There are no way there is going to be any room for a brake booster. So we got hands on a hydro booster from a v12 7'series.
              E46 330 brakes all way round.
              K-sport coilovers
              E46 hub i front
              Z4 hub or ti trailing arms in the rear

Exterior:
              M3 fiberglass kit
              Havent decided wheels yet, but some 17" or 18" and as wide as possible with a little beefy tires so we can get use of the engine and the brakes:devil:
              Don't know what color the car is going to be yet

Interior:
              Recaro speed's or srd's for the front
              M3 rear seat or a custom rear seat with "buckets" like the m3 seat.
              M-tech & m3 equipment.

If any questions feel free to ask 8-):grin:

Comment

The choise between cheep aftermarket eBay intakemanifold or 750 Hydro boost was easy. The original intake kan handle way more power than we expect from this project, and properly flow better than the eBay one as well. As you can see we needed to move the booster 5cm to the right to clear the manifold. So i made up a plate to cover the existing hole, with a new hole for the booster.

Measureing for the new hole in the brake pedal.

Made up a plate to reinforce brake pedal that make it thick enough to fit the fork from the brake booster.

When i welded the pedal i found out there is some kind of plastic bush inside the pedal that melted a little. For now i just grinded the melted part so it fits nice again. If there is any play in the pedal under the test drive i will see if i can get a new plastic piece or else i will just make a new pedal.
                Last edited by Nelsson; 07-02-2016, 04:53 AM.

Comment

I made a little progress with the pedals Yesterday, and i will do some more today if i get the time. Ive made Up some plates to reinforce the mount for the spring on the clutch pedal.

Last edited by Nelsson; 07-02-2016, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Alot of parts has arrived to the car. Manifold, injectors, intercooler, bla bla bla i will take some pictures :)
                    On sunday we will work on the car, an take some more pictures.

Comment

Have you thought about resizing the images?

Comment

Don't know how to do it.. They are photos off my phone. And when i look at it on my phone it looks okay. I have not tried to see it on my computer :)

Comment

I can see now when i'm useing my laptop that the pictures are giantic!! i will se what i can do about it :)

Comment

All images resized!!

Comment

As i told earlier. My friend with the e30 2j, got a e30 cab v8. But he also have this crazy ride.. E46 330 cab. with work 19x11,5" 19x9,5" wheels, M3 bodykit, custom interior with a crazy sound system.

Here a little picture of what else of fine vehicles there is on the workshop. The workshop is owned by one of our friends.

Currently the car is looking like this.. Like a pice of junk, with a 2jz engine.

The owner of the workshop is making all of the rust. Good its not me

I have finally reinforced the rest of the pedal console, so now the mounting can begin.

While i was inside the car i took a fast shot of the ebay shifter. The plan is when the car has been test drived and is at the paint shop. To cut the shifter down to a normal heigth and get it milled so a stock shifter and shifting boot will fit.

It was a pain in the ass to install the brake booster setup so i got mad and started unpacking the fun stuff..

The mishimoto intercooler and radiator was packed away again, we are long way from useing that.

Test mounted turbo manifold and turbo :devil:

Mounted 1000cc deatschwerks injectors and HKS fuelrail.

stock sidefeed injectors

Filled the holes with paper. Next time i will have to change the plugs on wireing harness to make it accept the new topfeed injetors. It will also make it more easy to make some other things on the car with the top half of the intake off, so i will leave it like this for a wile.

Comment

Working...
                              X