Girlfriend + Dog + RX-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriend + Dog + RX-7

My girlfriend is really upset because I told her it is unrealistic for us to get a dog while we live in this tiny apartment. She says it's not fair that I've been thinking about getting an RX-7 FD (and renting a spot to park it), but I'm unwilling to cram a dog into our lives... because obviously these things are related.

Really wish Hard Dog made roll cages for FD's.
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Its similar in that you get a car then a parking spot for it, the same way you can get a dog then get a new place for it.
    Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Yeah, nothing quite like giving up a rent controlled apartment..

Moving is not an option, and this is not in question OR part of the discussion at all. She knows we can't move :/

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

LOL, your in a spot my friend. Your correct on all points, but 1. Your not getting another car and paying for a place to put it. In her mind they are 1 and the same thing, you are willing to spend time and money on something you want that you dont need that will complicate your lives, and requires extra effort to take care of ( renting parking, not to mention wankle). Though not willing to spend time and money on something she wants, and would also complicate your lives, in the mind of a woman is EXACTLY the same thing, but a car she will not like is you being a selfish dick, there for your idea is "more stupid" than hers.

Take it from someone thats been around this block a time or 2, forget about the FD for a long long while, till long after the dog thing blows over. Get her a turtle, or hamster or some fancy goldfish or something...... Dogs in rentals especially appts. dont mix well at all....
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-26-2016, 01:34 AM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

I owned an FD, I loved it, that being said, don't do it. It's a financial crisis on wheels and heartbreak when the engine lets go.
          1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
          1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
          bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

My wife wanted a dog for awhile. I got her pregnant instead...

Comment

the solution to your problem is to stop manscaping. that way she will have something furry and "cute" to play with.

i agree with sleeve on this issue. been through this before with the present wife and plenty of women before her. this is how they are wired. if you want vajayjay, you might as well just live with it.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

One other point I forgot to make, if you buy an FD. Your going to end up with a dog too..... More than likely anyway
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Fuck it, get both dude. You'll make you're girl happy and you'll be able to get a car. If the dog is annoying you, you can go drive your rx7.
                  Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                  Q
                  :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

You're buying a small tragedy and one day, it is going to end badly.

Same thing with the dog.
                    1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                    2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                    2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

I think both things are a mistake at present. Nothing like dreaming though.

FD next to my M Tech would be amazing.

Dog would be cool, but I can't keep it in a parking space.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by 318kid View Post
                        My wife wanted a dog for awhile. I got her pregnant instead...
                        Definitely not happening here. That would be a tragic end to the beginning of my 30's. Already worried that a dog will limit my ability to travel...

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Get both and both of you will be happy.

/thread
                          1986 Schwartz Black 325es
                          2005 Alpine White E46 M3

Comment

Get neither cause rotaries blow and keeping a dog in a tiny apartment is honestly a crappy quality of life for the dog. Unless it's a small dog but i mean..... why would anyone want one of those things.

Save your money and smack her with your meat bat. THat way you will both be happy
                            -Alex

Comment

My gf says to get a hedgehog, "they are adorable."
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                              X