Klaus the traveling BMW Roundel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    at one time, i had about nine+ cars back there. now its just the 3 ix's(one actually runs and drives) and the m3.
    Just curious, what's the story on the M3? How did you end up with it?
    88 M3 Diamantschwarz
    89 M3 Zinnoberrot
    56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

I've had that thing for years. way before they were worth more than say 15k for a nice one. it is actually serial number 7. built 1/87. i think it was perhaps the first one imported to the usa.

it came to me via miami(before that, atlanta) with a salvage georgia title, wrecked hard in the rear(for the second time). no rear seat, no drive train. sitting on 4 lugs. otherwise complete. it did come with an extra set of quarters and a good used rear bumper. i bought it as a donor car to build an m3 cabrio. i sold off a lot of parts i wasn't going to use and that more than paid for the car and the shipping to get it here.

unfortunately, life sometimes gets in the way with relationships and home renovations. as of yet, i simply haven't had the opportunity of time to get any traction on the project. i do have about 90%+ of the parts needed(s62/g420, mz3 suspension, genuine alpina everything, etc). now i just need to clone myself a couple times so i can take time to work on it.
      Last edited by flyboyx; 12-13-2016, 11:37 AM.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Klaus is looking like he is having a great time.

I need to get my name on this list, I want my turn!
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I've had that thing for years. way before they were worth more than say 15k for a nice one. it is actually serial number 7. built 1/87. i think it was perhaps the first one imported to the usa.

it came to me via miami(before that, atlanta) with a salvage georgia title, wrecked hard in the rear(for the second time). no rear seat, no drive train. sitting on 4 lugs. otherwise complete. it did come with an extra set of quarters and a good used rear bumper. i bought it as a donor car to build an m3 cabrio. i sold off a lot of parts i wasn't going to use and that more than paid for the car and the shipping to get it here.

unfortunately, life sometimes gets in the way with relationships and home renovations. as of yet, i simply haven't had the opportunity of time to get any traction on the project. i do have about 90%+ of the parts needed(s62/g420, mz3 suspension, genuine alpina everything, etc). now i just need to clone myself a couple times so i can take time to work on it.
          Wow #7 is amazing! Such a low production date. That's really cool you have it.
          Yeah I totally get you on that cloning thing. When you get it figured out, send the machine my way please.
          88 M3 Diamantschwarz
          89 M3 Zinnoberrot
          56 Isetta

Comment

so...my apologies for not getting any updates on here sooner. been pretty busy around here.

Klaus has spent a lot of time doing his own thing- that is to say doing francesca. every time i turn around, that horny little bastard is boinking away.

missionary is cool, but come on man....not on the kitchen countertop.

i don't even know the name of this position and being in the airline industry for almost 20 years, i am pretty well versed in these things. i think it might be the reverse cincinnati bowtie?

i'm sad to say those bastard friends of his snuck in and took advantage of klaus again the other day. i had forgotten that i gave one of them a key so he could watch the house when i am out on trips. this time they were pretty rough with him.

this was followed by more of:

i had to take him to the emergency room this time. poor little bastard.

he vowed not to be a victim. for the next couple days, he swore to get even!!

about this time, his visit with me had come to a close. i made plans to meet with F34R in denver. we ended up at a burger joint in littleton.

the problem was the little fucker was no where to be found!!!!! i know i threw him in my suitcase the night before i started my trip. i spent several minutes looking everywhere for him and kept coming up snake eyes! damnit! unfortunately, brandon had to go home empty handed. i felt really bad.

i spent 2 days in denver, then headed back home. all this time i was really worried about what happened to klaus. i looked everywhere for him with no luck.

when i got back home, i happened upon him by chance when i was unpacking my suitcase. i was really angry for scaring me like that. he said he wasn't ready to go and that he still had some "unfinished business". selfish bastard.

anyway, i have to say that klaus has a vindictive streak in him. just a warning to those of you that cross paths with him in the future: don't piss him off!!! he invited the guys over one more time for beers. i had to question his motives, thinking these guys might try to take advantage of the poor little bavarian again. klaus obviously had something else in mind, however. i was upstairs watching tv with my wife when i heard gunshots. just like in previous times, i was off running to see what he had gotten himself into.

here's what i walked in upon.

fuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!! he mowed them all down in cold blood. since he is my friend, rather than calling the police, i decided to help him clean up the mess. we hid the bodies in a shallow grave. (un named location of course) i had to smuggle klaus out of town asap, so i made plans to meet with F34R for the second time. i flew up to denver, and this time, he was nice enough to drive out to the airport. the flight was full, so i had to sit in the cockpit jumpseat. i didn't shoot any photos from there because i was a little concerned the captain might get upset. here is a pic of the tarmac out the front window. i came in the day of the blizzard. the airport was f'ed up big time.

here is the line of southwest passengers that need to be re-booked. i am guessing there are over 400 people standing there. the airport looked like a refugee camp.

this is brandon pulling up out front.

and FINALLY......a successful hand off!!!!

jesus christ!!! that little bastard is full of drama!!!! i really enjoyed having him, but i can't tell you how much i enjoy the peace and quiet around here.
            Last edited by flyboyx; 12-21-2016, 06:56 AM.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

its really a shame that i didn't have klaus during a period when i am doing a trip.

the next time i fly is the 26th. i was thinking about using klaus's "stunt double" as a stand in? it would be interesting to see what kind of shenanigans he could get himself into when he is out on "the road" with me.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Seeing the issues Klaus has been showcasing in the past few posts, he was due for some relaxation at my place, deep in the Colorado Mountains! He is still getting used to lockdown after dark due to mountain lions and bears...oh MY

He wanted to meet Polly...so I took her winter cover off and introduced them.

Closest he will get to a ride in Polly, she is much like a bear; in that she hibernates all winter till the snow clears and her sticky tires grip once more.

He's very excited to go wheeling in the new 4Runner and maybe go check out a 14er over Christmas weekend!
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

The Rocky Mountains really are beautiful aren't they?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Diggin' the pics and those stories are hilarious!! Great job guys!!!
                      88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                      89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                      56 Isetta

Comment

Is this Cabrio a Mtech 2? I think I've seen it parked in the landside parking lot at DIA.

Comment

Originally posted by 318kid View Post
                          Is this Cabrio a Mtech 2? I think I've seen it parked in the landside parking lot at DIA.
                          yes, it is and yes you have. its on the left as you pull into the lot. same car in my signature pic below.

don't see many e30's there. red baron (member here) has an ix.
                          Last edited by flyboyx; 12-29-2016, 09:08 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

yes, it is and yes you have. its on the left as you pull into the lot. same car in my signature pic below.

don't see many e30's there. red baron (member here) has an ix.
                            Cool! I haven't seen an IX in the lot, but I usually park in airside now unless I'm traveling with my wife/kids. Keep me in mind if you ever break something or anything. I'd be happy to help out.
                            Last edited by 318kid; 12-30-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

not sure how i missed this thread to this point, but my goodness! this is epic. i'd love to get in on the journey, if it's not too late...

car_gal_jenni; lake stevens, wa
                              Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                              Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                              1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                              1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                              2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by 318kid View Post
                                Cool! I haven't seen an IX in the lot, but I usually park in airside now unless I'm traveling with my wife/kids. Keep me in mind if you ever break something or anything. I'd be happy to help out.
                                thank you. i really appreciate your offer. i really need to get the oil changed sometime soon. a pair of jack stands and a drain pan would be blessing.

fuck airside. those denver security assholes can suck a five gallon bucket of shit out of my asshole! i commute from houston anyway. its not worth the hassle of being at the mercy of those little dick shit suckers to save 10 minutes for the once a month i actually use the car. i have been in this industry for almost 20 years and i have never seen an airport that prides itself on being assholes like the city of denver. pretty much everyone i know has a horror story dealing with them including myself. i had my badge for a year. when it came time to renew it with their stupid little dick "exam", i told my chief that i had enough of their shit. i turned in my badge and asked for a simple parking pass. the fingerprint scan never worked right anyway. what a hassle.

sorry for the rant.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X