No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1934 could be blamed on the mob, I could see 1968 happening because of black panthers and black people in general coming up and the white man being scared of pissed off black people that are equal as them. I never really thought of that connection til just now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      NFA/NRA wasnt necessarily a racist based program.

Gun laws sure got stricter when the black panther group got big though.

Anyone here do 3 gun? Kinda want to get in it but I have all the wrong firearms to do so.
      Wondering if I should start with like a 2 gun or single gun type competition.

AK74, 870, and no Handgun yet, though thinking about a USP-9 or HK45 or VP9.
      I haven't done 3 gun, but you want a lightweight ar with a brake, 1-6 optic, and an aftermarket trigger. I have a vortex strike eagle, for the price I love it. On 1x with both eyes open it's just as fast as an eotech, then crank it to 6x and I can go to 600yards. The reticle has a bdc and can gauge distance at all hash marks. Get the magnification lever so you can adjust from 1x to 6x quickly. As for a pistol look for something striker fired, vp9, cz p10c, and walther ppq have awesome fast triggers. I'm not really a shotgun guy, I just have a saiga 12 so I'm not much help there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
        1934 could be blamed on the mob, I could see 1968 happening because of black panthers and black people in general coming up and the white man being scared of pissed off black people that are equal as them. I never really thought of that connection til just now.
        JESUS-TAPDANCING-CHRIST

There is a reason you never thought of it that way........ BECAUSE IT HAS NO BASIS IN REALITY!!!!!!!! It was passed in 1934 because of the fucking gangster / mob wars raging around the country in the 20s and 30s......

Here is a really quick history lesson off the top of my head....

The Title II portion of the law was enacted was to fix constitutional deficiencies that made the law UNENFORCEABLE under the 5th amendment. Under the orginal NFA it allowed the feds to pass information to local/sate law enforcement about persons in possession of unregistered NFA, items that were legally owned before the passage of the original NFA. By taking the information form the registration application with the Treasury, but for items that were illegal under local and state law, you know self incrimination and being a witness against ones self and the ramifications under the 5th that brought up. So the passage of title II in 1968 removed the mandatory registration clause of grandfathered weapons as was the information sharing provisions there by making the NFA "constitutional" as upheld by the SCOTUS in the early 70's IIRC.

None of this changed the transfer requirements and or the sale requirements of new retail firearms under the NFA.......

Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-08-2017, 09:22 AM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          JESUS-TAPDANCING-CHRIST

There is a reason you never thought of it that way........ BECAUSE IT HAS NO BASIS IN REALITY!!!!!!!! It was passed in 1934 because of the fucking gangster / mob wars raging around the country in the 20s and 30s......

Here is a really quick history lesson off the top of my head....

The Title II portion of the law was enacted was to fix constitutional deficiencies that made the law UNENFORCEABLE under the 5th amendment. Under the orginal NFA it allowed the feds to pass information to local/sate law enforcement about persons in possession of unregistered NFA, items that were legally owned before the passage of the original NFA. By taking the information form the registration application with the Treasury, but for items that were illegal under local and state law, you know self incrimination and being a witness against ones self and the ramifications under the 5th that brought up. So the passage of title II in 1968 removed the mandatory registration clause of grandfathered weapons as was the information sharing provisions there by making the NFA "constitutional" as upheld by the SCOTUS in the early 70's IIRC.

None of this changed the transfer requirements and or the sale requirements of new retail firearms under the NFA.......

Jesus fuck you need to hug your mom or a dildo

Comment

Mom is deceased, I can hug my own penis thank you very much, Also its not my fault you have not looked into this topic yourself and I had to elaborate further on the topic to dispel the bull shit origin arguments for NFA gun regulation that have no actual correlation to the reasons driving their enactment. Now you want to talk about some of the reconstruction era BS enacted in the south the civil war now you have a point, and that would be a topic for a different sub forum
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Mom is deceased, I can hug my own penis thank you very much, Also its not my fault you have not looked into this topic yourself and I had to elaborate further on the topic to dispel the bull shit origin arguments for NFA gun regulation that have no actual correlation to the reasons driving their enactment. Now you want to talk about some of the reconstruction era BS enacted in the south the civil war now you have a point, and that would be a topic for a different sub forum
              Meh. I really don't give a shit buddy. I have 2 nfa items and 3 more pending

Comment

Thats why the march of 1986 and to limit it to serial #s already in the system was chosen. To limit the amount of fun switch weapons to those only, and there by cap the market and limit supply. This drives the pricing way up for when something comes up for sale. It "keeps it constitutional" by allowing access if you really want something, but makes things difficult. But yes it makes no sense from a common sense perspective
                I should have clarified my point further, I think it's ridiculous people can still have access to full autos in general. I realize their use in crime is rarer than rare, I'm just a crazy canuck who is in favor of reasonable restriction. A legitimate use should be established for allowing ownership of certain arms. Obviously bolt actions serve a purpose, as do handguns for personal protection. Target shooting in its various forms is a valid sport, and as such platforms like the AR serve a purpose. Full auto does nothing but stroke the ego of people with deep pockets, accessories to artificially alter the rare of fire of semi autos fall into this category as well. Hell, even the meetups in the desert where rich guys get together to dispense thousands of rounds through their full auto rigs costing more than a new car are doing little more than shooting at old washing machines. There is no purpose behind them other than war time, same reason you can't get claymores.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                  I should have clarified my point further, I think it's ridiculous people can still have access to full autos in general. I realize their use in crime is rarer than rare, I'm just a crazy canuck who is in favor of reasonable restriction. A legitimate use should be established for allowing ownership of certain arms. Obviously bolt actions serve a purpose, as do handguns for personal protection. Target shooting in its various forms is a valid sport, and as such platforms like the AR serve a purpose. Full auto does nothing but stroke the ego of people with deep pockets, accessories to artificially alter the rare of fire of semi autos fall into this category as well. Hell, even the meetups in the desert where rich guys get together to dispense thousands of rounds through their full auto rigs costing more than a new car are doing little more than shooting at old washing machines. There is no purpose behind them other than war time, same reason you can't get claymores.
                  Aww a Canadian...well let me explain something about need/wants. We in the United States of America have something called the 2nd Amendment. In this amendment it says nothing about need a sporting purpose, hunting purpose, "non-wasteful" purpose,...

You see, people that live in a free society are able to do things like shoot guns that serve no purpose other than to make noise. You yourself stated that the use of these items in crime is very rare, less than 1%. So why then is the law even needed? Also, let's not forget that these people are breaking laws when they MURDER people. Did that stop them? Do you think another law is going to stop a criminal?

If it was up to me, "shall not be infringed", would mean exactly that.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Is this P&R?
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

P&R...is that like GnR?
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

i wouldn't even want a full auto. Waste of bullets.

My experience and most the ppl i know it's just a fun toy to have.
                        maaaybe self defense but lets get real you expecting burglers at night?
                        only experience you pinko canadians have with guns is from movies where you see a gun that means some matrix shit is about to go down, or someone is about to kill batmans parents in a dark alley. oh yea, and 1 psychopath out of 323 million people unloads on a crowd.

same shit with modded cars vs non car ppl.
                        why would you need a fast car?! why would you floor it on the freeway?! why would you need to put a turbo and have 500hp?!
                        it should be illegal, it's unsafe. Well it's already illegal and we still do this shit.
                        that's not going to stop me from modding cars and tearing shit up. seems i'm a criminal and still have access to doing this illegal e30 shit killing vettes.;D

cry me a river you pink ass canadians.
                        it's a rant. so what.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                          There is no purpose behind them other than war time, same reason you can't get claymores.
                          here we are. in your mind a gun that fires faster because you hold down the trigger is the same as a fucking claymore.
                          for real cale, this thinking is wrong.

ask people how fast they can unload a mag just firing that shit normally.
                          or youtube or something. see how it really is. i can unload a 10rd pistol like in 1.8 seconds btw. :shock:
                          Also, i'm not a gun guy. just american. everyone has guns, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                            only experience you pinko canadians have with guns is from movies where you see a gun that means some matrix shit is about to go down, or someone is about to kill batmans parents in a dark alley. oh yea, and 1 psychopath out of 323 million people unloads on a crowd..
                            Right, except I've used this very thread to discuss and show off my own guns.

If we're making snide blanket comments about others though, I guess I can just chalk you off as a dumb Yankee living in a trailer. The difference, you're actually showing me that I just may be right.

Comment

At least my trailer is a double wide!
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

My opionion, claymores should be legal too....."shall not infringe" is VERY clear.
                                However I see that should our gov't call to eradicate civilian gun owners, religion, redheads etc that our serving military votes ~70% Republican. If called to take action against civilians, I imagine the majority of them will protect Domestic threats as well to us. Right now though, it'd be PR suicide to call an airstrike on civilians on domestic soil with fallout of non-militia deaths.

Comment

Working...
                                X