1984 bmw 325e crank but no start now need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 bmw 325e crank but no start now need help please

Ok guys so I was driving the car mad a stop for 5mins shut the car off get back in to leave an it won't start just cranks. So started looking around 45mins go by an try starting it an it starts up. Took it home wake up the next morning to go to work an it don't start just cranks. I need help!!!! I've already put in a new crank position sensor but when I was putting it in I broke the one right beside it an idk what that sensor is. I heard that one reads the tdc as well.I need to know what the sensor is I broke so I can buy a new one asap. But what else am I missing? Pretty sure its not getting spark. Its getting fuel

Photo of sensor you claim you broke would help....

Comment

There is only 2 sensors on the bell housing right there its the CP's an another reference sensor

Comment

I'm not around my car during the week. Cause of it not running I have to stay some where closer to my work. But anyways I will have a pic of it tomorrow. I had a dam pic of them bit lose my phone yesterday. But I would like to figure out what that sensor is so I can order it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post

Comment

The Crankshaft Position Sensor and the Engine Speed Sensor are the same Sensor on the 2.7L Eta engine. They share the same part # and are interchangeable. You just need to get another sensor like the one you just ordered.
            Last edited by RobDog; 03-17-2018, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Yup

Comment

Maybe not the same part number on the 84 though, hit pelican parts to check and get the right one. I think in 85 they became the same on but 84 had different numbers. I think, so check

Comment

Originally posted by 84EDirty View Post
                  Ok guys so I was driving the car mad a stop for 5mins shut the car off get back in to leave an it won't start just cranks. So started looking around 45mins go by an try starting it an it starts up. Took it home wake up the next morning to go to work an it don't start just cranks. I need help!!!! I've already put in a new crank position sensor but when I was putting it in I broke the one right beside it an idk what that sensor is. I heard that one reads the tdc as well.I need to know what the sensor is I broke so I can buy a new one asap. But what else am I missing? Pretty sure its not getting spark. Its getting fuel
                  Just wondering why you think its not getting spark and how you know its getting fuel. ?? Sounds like something is not making the correct contact and might be getting hot..... i am thinking maybe check major electrical connections and grounds.

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                  also i second this ^^
                  PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

Working...
                  X