Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Aviation Thread...

Report: JetBlue's Founder Wants to Start Brazilian Airline, Buy 36 Embraer Jets

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Boeing loses out in $40bn US deal

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Last edited by Maluco; 02-29-2008, 09:18 PM.

capitalism is indiscriminative.

"European Aeronautic, Defence & Space Co. rose the most in almost five years in Paris trading after the U.S. Air Force picked its Airbus A330 over Boeing Co.'s 767 for an airborne refueling contract worth as much as $35 billion."

Capitalism at its beast, I mean best.....

Last edited by Maluco; 03-03-2008, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Do you have your pilots license? I'm working on mine. Its pretty cool stuff.

Comment

I flew on the airbus 303 this past weekend on jetblue. Amazing plane. Seeing as @ my job we only deal with c130's this was a nice change.

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
          capitalism is indiscriminative.

"European Aeronautic, Defence & Space Co. rose the most in almost five years in Paris trading after the U.S. Air Force picked its Airbus A330 over Boeing Co.'s 767 for an airborne refueling contract worth as much as $35 billion."

Capitalism at its beast, I mean best.....

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a2TkQrZdnVGo

Figures...
          Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
          Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
            I flew on the airbus 303 this past weekend on jetblue. Amazing plane. Seeing as @ my job we only deal with c130's this was a nice change.
            C130? Do you work on 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Go Around? Yes please!!!!!! Just today...

"Aviation Gin?" Yes PLEASE!

Comment

As an aspiring Boeing employee, I was a bit disappointed about that lost contract. Boeing really dropped the ball there...

Seems strange that our country is supposed to be in this recession and our own government spends so much money overseas. But I've got limited knowledge of economic "goings-on".

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                    Seems strange that our country is supposed to be in this recession and our own government spends so much money overseas. But I've got limited knowledge of economic "goings-on".
                    the -> <------- of that post.

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
                      the -> <------- of that post.

Huh? How about English?

Comment

my guess... "the point of that post"

sucks boeing lost the contract. although i will say, i've flown cross atlantic 7 times now in the last 2 years, 747, 767, MD11, 777, and I think A320. the airbus was far superior to anything boeing made.

like anybody would complain between a lincoln town car or a 535. same thing, but on a bigger scale
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Just took a bunch of underclass down to NAS Patuxtent River last weekend- we received a tour of VX-20, which is a flight test squadron for larger, "fleet" aircraft that aren't fighter/attack aircraft. We also got to walk through the VX-23 hanger, which had mostly Hornets, Super Hornets, and Prowlers. (Prowlers are huge- they stand a good 5 feet over the Super Hornets). We also got to tour the Test Pilot School (at least, the parts that were open on a Saturday), the tower/approach facilities, and finally a guided tour of the museum. Here's some pics, but we weren't allowed to take pictures in the Strike hangar, so the cool stuff we don't have pics of.

the T-34 cockpit- my office for the next year

sigpic89 M3

Comment

Looked like fun.:p

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              my guess... "the point of that post"

sucks boeing lost the contract. although i will say, i've flown cross atlantic 7 times now in the last 2 years, 747, 767, MD11, 777, and I think A320. the airbus was far superior to anything boeing made.

like anybody would complain between a lincoln town car or a 535. same thing, but on a bigger scale
                              i've flown on a variety of commercial aircraft including a few airbus and my favorite of them all in terms of comfort and reliability was the 777. it was the bomb dot com.

good for eads, im sick of the govt handing out contracts to bloated constintuent driven interests. yay globalization.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X