No announcement yet.

M42 Cam Gears NLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Just hung up with Pelicanparts, they reached out directly to BMW for me and they are not to be found anywhere. Waiting to hear from the guys at Tischer (getbmwparts) but I suspect the same news. Absolute crap considering how many M42's are still out there. I have my engine in pieces and now an unknown timeline before I can get it back on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by av8drvr View Post
      Update: Just hung up with Pelicanparts, they reached out directly to BMW for me and they are not to be found anywhere. Waiting to hear from the guys at Tischer (getbmwparts) but I suspect the same news. Absolute crap considering how many M42's are still out there. I have my engine in pieces and now an unknown timeline before I can get it back on the road.
      I have a nice good used set, if you need them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Bummer to hear that they truly are unavailable right now, but I am still certain that they will be back soon. Fortunately, true M42 fanboys like myself already have a new set saved up, now if I only had a new vibration dampener and idler sprocket...

For everyone else, dive those junkyards and hunt down a good set on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Bummer to hear that they truly are unavailable right now, but I am still certain that they will be back soon. Fortunately, true M42 fanboys like myself already have a new set saved up, now if I only had a new vibration dampener and idler sprocket...

For everyone else, dive those junkyards and hunt down a good set on eBay.

I became a true m42 fanboy too late in the game and now im SOL until they come back :(

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I picked up a couple used off of ebay, the old part number shows available on pelican parts, maybe try that out.
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by av8drvr View Post
              I ordered two off Getbmwparts last night after seeing this thread and received a message this morning of “on order”. Did you get something different? I was just about to start buying for a total timing refresh, this really bums me out.
              Well, looks like I am "on order" too. For some reason I thought that they notified about out-of-stock parts when ordering, not after. Looks like no luck.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                Well, looks like I am "on order" too. For some reason I thought that they notified about out-of-stock parts when ordering, not after. Looks like no luck.

So i wonder if you order them while they are back ordered if you will pay the price you originally ordered them from since they will likely come back with a 20-30% increase in price in typical BMW fashion.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  So i wonder if you order them while they are back ordered if you will pay the price you originally ordered them from since they will likely come back with a 20-30% increase in price in typical BMW fashion.
                  20-30%, a gross underestimation, try 50. This is BMW after all, and they have to find new ways to make cars faster, heavier, less exciting and safer so you can walk away unscathed when you crash all the way through some old pleb-mobile at 180MPH after hitting 60 in 2.0 seconds flat, having driven the car with an occasional pinky finger, but mostly with your knee because you were analyzing your current bitcoin value on your new Apple iTablet-Phone Plus S

Comment

20-30%, a gross underestimation, try 50. This is BMW after all, and they have to find new ways to make cars faster, heavier, less exciting and safer so you can walk away unscathed when you crash all the way through some old pleb-mobile at 180MPH after hitting 60 in 2.0 seconds flat, having driven the car with an occasional pinky finger, but mostly with your knee because you were analyzing your current bitcoin value on your new Apple iTablet-Phone Plus S

Omfg that made me lol

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

A+ rant, would read again!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Update 2 : Tischer just informed me they are canceling my order for (2) sprockets as they are NLA. If anyone knows a source for new or wants to take me to the cleaners on a set of new they are hoarding, leave your thoughts here or PM.

Comment

Thought. Are s14 sprockets the same?

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            Thought. Are s14 sprockets the same?
                            doubt it. Sounds like someone should look into machining these if they have a cnc machine ;D
                            -Dee
                            5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                            IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Let's be honest, M3 owners are generally penny pinchers, so if there was a way to make an M42 sprocket fit they would've done it already.

Comment

Let's be honest, M3 owners are generally penny pinchers, so if there was a way to make an M42 sprocket fit they would've done it already.

This is true. But to be honest i have never even worked on an s14 nor looked up retro fits/part prices or numbers so it was an honest question. Probably could of cross referenced part numbers and found out but I was too busy.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X