Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short Summer Road Trip *cancelled. Thanks Con-Man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ur n iderot

there you go.
    I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Hope Paypal really does give you your money back. Fuck that shit dude....
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Both his and his wife's facebook is completely open to anyone. What are people thinking? Almost messaged his wife this thread.
        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
        (Daily Driver)
        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
        KW V2 Coilovers
        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
          I'm going to remove my bank acct and everything else.
          Wait until this issue is resolved. You'll want to be able to transfer the funds back to your bank account if/when they are refunded.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

That really sucks.

I've been hanging around car forums for a decade now, and I've seen stuff like this happen so many times. It's almost always the same pattern too. The internet is like the wild west, you have to keep your wits about you.

This is what I've learned
            -don't gift money, always send as payment, eat the fee
            -always have a trail to back you up
            -never pay in multiple transactions, if you pay in multiple transactions you're not covered by buyer protection - read the TOS!
            -never sell things to overseas buyers on ebay
            -never buy things from sellers with feedback % under 99% on ebay, buyers with nearly perfect feedback will work with you if something goes wrong to keep that perfect feedback score
            -do homework on the seller, google names, email addresses, phone numbers. You might find something you'll be glad you saw
            -use the forum community, it's huge and there is usually someone who has no stake in it and will inspect a car for you

If you do this stuff, you probably won't get scammed. Never say never though, someone is always looking to make a slick buck at the expense of someone less streetwise than they are, whether that person is you or me is a matter of luck.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Got me funds back!

Comment

Originally posted by spike68 View Post
                Ur n iderot

there you go.
                lol thank you!

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                Hope Paypal really does give you your money back. Fuck that shit dude....
                YAY!!!!

Originally posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
                Both his and his wife's facebook is completely open to anyone. What are people thinking? Almost messaged his wife this thread.
                I tagged her on insta with me and her hubbys going back and forth.

Originally posted by agent View Post
                Wait until this issue is resolved. You'll want to be able to transfer the funds back to your bank account if/when they are refunded.
                10-4. Bye bye paypal!.

Originally posted by varg View Post
                That really sucks.

I've been hanging around car forums for a decade now, and I've seen stuff like this happen so many times. It's almost always the same pattern too. The internet is like the wild west, you have to keep your wits about you.

This is what I've learned
                -don't gift money, always send as payment, eat the fee
                -always have a trail to back you up
                -never pay in multiple transactions, if you pay in multiple transactions you're not covered by buyer protection - read the TOS!
                -never sell things to overseas buyers on ebay
                -never buy things from sellers with feedback % under 99% on ebay, buyers with nearly perfect feedback will work with you if something goes wrong to keep that perfect feedback score
                -do homework on the seller, google names, email addresses, phone numbers. You might find something you'll be glad you saw
                -use the forum community, it's huge and there is usually someone who has no stake in it and will inspect a car for you

If you do this stuff, you probably won't get scammed. Never say never though, someone is always looking to make a slick buck at the expense of someone less streetwise than they are, whether that person is you or me is a matter of luck.
                Good info!

I'm steering clear of online transactions for now. I'm just grateful I have my money back.

Comment

Sorry to read what happened to you. I am sure you learn't a few lesson's. Glad you didn't have to pay a lot of school fees.

Really happy for you on the refund!!!
                  1990 325i
                  2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                  sigpic

Comment

Glad you got the money back. Now you can write the cost of the flight off as a good story to tell when you're old.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

Glad to hear the funds were returned and you were made whole.

Comment

Wow, what a read. So happy for you that you got your cash back!
                        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Working...
                        X