American Indians Still Getting a Raw Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
    i like how your first impulse is to say 'oh yeah its obama's fault' like you just cant deal with the substance of the issue

but then you dive headfirst into the all too familiar trope of conservatives complaining about activist judges because you disagree with the conclusions reached by the judge.

i will bet that you didn't even read the decision.

I pointed this out in the last thread (which was closed), why did the ACE issue a permit and only require an environmental assessment instead of an Environmental Impact Statement, as required by law?
    Why do I have to explain the yet again, ETP would not have ordered pipe, bought R.O.W. Paid untold millions in permitting fees, or even thought about hiring contractors and inspection staff to build the thing let alone break ground if they didnt have permitting approval from the Army Corps to cross the fucking river, (Transcanada got their dicks in a VERY costly, pickle with the Keystone Extension buying much the materials for a line that could not be tied in at the boarder due to the Obama Admin rejection of less than 500 feet of permitting for a 2000ish mile multinational job.). All this federal permitting and such was done during the Obama administration and HIS, Corp of Engineers, D.O.Energy, P.H.E.M.S.A. and other federal regulators and oversight bodies ALL GREEN LIGHTED THE PROJECT DURING OBAMA'S PRESIDENCY.

Next you keep asking about a EIS, I am not a lawyer/Engineer/Enviro guy in the office, I build the dam things as nothing more than a hand. My (highly educated) guess as to why an EIS was not filed, is because IT WAS NOT REQUIRED, (trust me if its required it would have been done) and a EA was enough to meet the environmental regulatory requirements. Why might this be the case when you say its the LAW to file and EIS for new construction, with out seeing the reg book I would almost be willing to bet one of my sizeable paychecks that because enough of the NEW line was to be built with in existing R.O.W. E.T.(and other Partners) already have. it got to bypass some of requirements. There is a whole plethora of other reasons it may not have needed it built into the PHEMSA reg book, or maybe it was a top Obama appointed bureaucrat that singed off on it saying an EA was good enough.

As far as the judge thing, this sets a very uneasy precedent that puts into question any interstate transmission line construction approval for water body and federal land crossings using what has been an industry wide standards across several presidential administrations. Obama appointee is still "activisting" from the bench. Last but not least it is also the law that once a shipper proves the need for the capacity the permitting can not be denied without MAJOR reasons, and crossing a fucking river is not a reason when there are at least a 100 other major lines crossing the very same river already. You dont get to change the rules once they have been granted that was a bullshit call by the 0man and in and of itself ILLEGAL, the Current admin returning to the rule of the laws governing construction of such infrastructure being found illegal should be seen for what it is BULL SHIT. But hey what do I know about any of this ......................
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
      also i swear if i hear another white devil say their grandma was a cherokee princess or they are 1/4 cherokee imma fucking lose it so just stop trying to be cool and appropriate our culture like that. you guys have cool culture too vikings and celts are cool too...

Well shit. I won't bring up being part Choctaw.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Meanwhile, in Illinois, Food & Water Watch has demanded a state attorney general investigation into the firm’s infiltration of activist groups.

burn, you fuckers.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
          #Nothingburger.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
            #Nothingburger.
            What does that even mean? Sorry, I left 4chan before it became a cesspool of fat racist extremists who complain about not getting laid while not even being able to see their dicks (ahem).
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
              What does that even mean? Sorry, I left 4chan before it became a cesspool of fat racist extremists who complain about not getting laid while not even being able to see their dicks (ahem).
              something lame, dead-end, a dud, insignificant; especially something with high expectations that turns out to be average, pathetic, or overhyped.
              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

The master of unsupported argument strikes again. Did you even read the article?
                past:
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:

Comment

Working...
                X