No announcement yet.

Official: Deathmetal/all metal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is metal for just the younger crowd? when u pull ur head out of ur ass and actually listen to the raw musical talent most these bands have, without being auto tuned or lip sync on stage? i dunno. i dont shit on other music just cuz i dont like it. but i guess if u cant comprehend, or appreciate something, the appropriate reaction is to get made and make fun of it.

Comment

forgot to post something. here you go :)

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
        Rebellion. Same idea behind kids that dye their hair pink. They know it looks like shit, but they're "fighting the power."
        I vote your user title be changed to "Get off my lawn!"

I'm nearly 29 and work for the man, liking metal is nothing to do with "rebelling" or "fighting the power."

That'd be like us saying Coldplay and Death cab for cutie is for shaving your head and ending your emo life by slitting your wrists.

Oh wait, it is! :D
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I don't dye my hair pink. I dye it blue!

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

I shave my head or mohawk,fuck it old school man.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Rebellion. Same idea behind kids that dye their hair pink. They know it looks like shit, but they're "fighting the power."
              LOL, I'm 27 :)

I guess it's more of not understanding the appeal of it. I'm a huge music fan (go to concerts all the time), but I just can't get into metal... or country.

I think that could be true sometimes but I wouldn't say it is true for everyone. Not by a long shot. I truly enjoy the music I posted. I love their live shows. So for some it might be true. I am 26... I am not trying to be a rebel or fight some power. I just like it.

Comment

Sorry forgot to post a video..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KemoHBBTdPc
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Here you go Terry^^^ ;)

@IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Here's one my 17 year old Son and I went to see at the House of Blues this past summer. The show I went to was a lot rowdier then that.

This is my Son's favorite band.

@IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                      Here you go Terry^^^ ;)

Comment

LOL, I'm 27 :)

I guess it's more of not understanding the appeal of it. I'm a huge music fan (go to concerts all the time), but I just can't get into metal... or country.
                        What sort of stuff do you listen to at the moment? If you're willing to have a go, mind if I suggest a few bands to you? A lot of the stuff in this thread is incredibly one dimensional and I can certainly understand why you wouldn't like most of it (and I can also see where the "childish rebellion" stuff comes in, but that's -core for ya). Metal is a very broad genre filled with many different sounds and feels. It's not all extreme metal either.

I feel I'm pretty open minded about music - I've been playing all different styles of it for almost 3/4 of my life - so if you want to try and see if we can find something you like, or at least understand, I'm all for it.

Comment

I saw Metallica last night, it was unbelievable! They're still as tight as fuck. Soo stoked I got to see them :D
                          Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by leothedrummer View Post
                            What sort of stuff do you listen to at the moment? If you're willing to have a go, mind if I suggest a few bands to you? A lot of the stuff in this thread is incredibly one dimensional and I can certainly understand why you wouldn't like most of it (and I can also see where the "childish rebellion" stuff comes in, but that's -core for ya). Metal is a very broad genre filled with many different sounds and feels. It's not all extreme metal either.

I feel I'm pretty open minded about music - I've been playing all different styles of it for almost 3/4 of my life - so if you want to try and see if we can find something you like, or at least understand, I'm all for it.
                            I'm open for suggestions for sure.

I guess it's the extreme screaming metal that I really don't understand/like. It just sounds like a super fast power chord on a double drop D tuned guitar and a double pedal roll.

Don't get me wrong, I totally dig hard rock. In fact, Rage Against the Machine is one of my all-time favorites (saw them live in 2007). I've seen Tool twice as well.

At the moment, I really listen to a wide variety (no country or stupid Katy Perry-esque pop). My most recent purchase was NERD's new album. The most recent concerts I've been to are The Roots, Norah Jones, Talib Kweli, and the Oregon Symphony. I had tickets to see The Black Keys when they were here last month, but I was in Germany at the time. Like I said, wide variety haha.
                            Originally posted by Gruelius
                            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              I vote your user title be changed to "Get off my lawn!"

I'm nearly 29 and work for the man, liking metal is nothing to do with "rebelling" or "fighting the power."

That'd be like us saying Coldplay and Death cab for cutie is for shaving your head and ending your emo life by slitting your wrists.

Oh wait, it is! :D
                              haha, I've seen both of those bands live. I saw Coldplay during their first tour in the States in 2000... the ticket was $10 lol.

I like hard/heavy rock like Sabbath, The Mars Volta, Rage, etc... Hell, I'm listening to At The Drive-In right now haha. I just don't see the appeal of the super heavy death metal.
                              Originally posted by Gruelius
                              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I shave my head with a full beard at 24, I wear Gap shirts and A&F jeans. I look nothing of the type you speak of Ken. I believe music is something you enjoy. I also love classical and oldies.

I <3 Kittie
                                ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X