FYI: H&R Race vs. Sport spring pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
    I believe you, thanks for the lesson in physics though. What I meant by white marking (not white lettering) is the dab of white paint at top of the left spring in the first picture. I'm just relaying what I was told by H&R, that is all.
    No I understand, I'm just clarifying, since you sort of stated they were Super Sports, as a fact, confirmed by H&R.

They are actually Sports, part # 29664, which were designed for the 84-85 318i. Every instance of these springs I've ever seen have been red with a white paint marking on them. If you do some searching on this forum, you'll find a few instances of people who have used these for more of a drop than the typical 50406 Sport springs (the part number for most other e30's). Here's a thread from wayyy back in '04, the last post addresses this:

Had I got off my lazy ass when I made this thread 6 years ago, I could have answered my own question.

The Super Sports are part # 50406-77. I would be curious to know the spring rates on them. I bottomed out Bilstein sports with those Sport springs, and these drop the car more than that. Maybe they are close to the Race spring rates, but shorter. That would be a good setup for a light car.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

For what it's worth, I installed a set of the H&R sports two days ago and I've driven maybe 50 miles. Current ride height is a bit lower than the M3 springs were, but these are definitely stiffer like blunt said. I'll soften the dampers a bit to get some comfort back. There's a noticeable decrease in body roll to offset the noticeable increase in harshness over patches in the road. Overall, I'm looking forward to seeing how they settle in.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
      X