No announcement yet.

The Anime Chat Thread (Nerd Warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude yes, I'm actually watching Champloo at the moment and I'm going through the Gundam series.

Good series:

1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Just avoid G Gundam.
      Originally posted by LJ851
      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
        Just avoid G Gundam.
        Yeah, that is one I plan on avoiding. So far I have watched Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed/Destiny, and Gundam 00.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I gotta get back into watching anime. I've gotten out of it in the past few years. There's almost too many of them though, it's rare that I find one I'll get into. The popular ones like Bleach and Death Note just drag out too long too be good.

I've heard that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was pretty good. Also what are the Evangelion 'rebuilds' you mentioned earlier? The only thing close I've seen is the movie.
          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

My favorite series by far. Must sees in my opinion (if you like dark fucked up anime).
            Mnemosyne
            Kemonozume
            Death Note
            Elfen Lied

These ones could've been better, but definitely not the worst.
            Darker than Black
            Blue Gender
            Escaflowne
            Ghost in the shell
            Samurai Champloo
            Princess mononoke

Personally can't stand most popular anime, if anybody can suggest some other good dark anime please do.
            Last edited by Eecen; 02-05-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Classics for me.

Akira
              Ghost in the Shell 1,2,3
              Monokoke Hime
              Evangelion

FF7 ftw too.

Comment

I gotta get back into watching anime. I've gotten out of it in the past few years. There's almost too many of them though, it's rare that I find one I'll get into. The popular ones like Bleach and Death Note just drag out too long too be good.

I've heard that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was pretty good. Also what are the Evangelion 'rebuilds' you mentioned earlier? The only thing close I've seen is the movie.
                The rebuilds are a new set of movies that use an alternate story. The original plan is 4 movies although only 2 have been released. The movies are 1.11 you are (not) alone and the second, 2.22 you can (not) advance. They are really good and the animation is hands down the best around.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                  Evangelion is my absolute favorite of all time, and the rebuilds are absolutely superb, even if the plot is watered down a bit.
                  Ummm.. rebuilds? Say what? What means this "rebuilds"???

And shit, I totally forgot about Samurai Shamploo! I was addicted to that shit when it was on Toonami back in the day, that and Big O.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                    Ummm.. rebuilds? Say what? What means this "rebuilds"???

And shit, I totally forgot about Samurai Shamploo! I was addicted to that shit when it was on Toonami back in the day, that and Big O.
                    The same makers are making new movies using an "alternate story". The first movie follows the original story close, up to about episode 6 or so, before Asuka shows up. The second movie drastically deviates from the original story. The animation is the same style as original but is really improved.

Also features a new character, Mari.

The way they decided to make unit 01 glow is fucking stellar.

Comment

I got all of Initial D, all DBZ movies, and a whole bunch of other things. I have been into anime since I was about 6-7. Before I even knew what it was. Voltron and Tranzor Z. ( I think that is how you spell it?)

There is so much good stuff out there, and the Japanese are very sick, sick, crazy ppl. lol...but they make good shows.
                      '02 Outback wagon
                      '87 325is 5sp
                      '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

I was around when Toonami first came out, in the afternoon block anyway. So it started there for me.

Comment

Lupin III
                          Gunsmith Cats
                          Riding Bean

I like Initial D, I read the mangas for a while, but damn the distribution of this franchise in America SUCKS
                          Last edited by brainspo0n; 02-05-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that I'm the only one here that drudged through all of Final Fantasy Unlimited and G Gundam.

Feedback

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that I'm the only one here that drudged through all of Final Fantasy Unlimited and G Gundam.
                              Lol, more than likely, I've seen neither one.

Comment

My son and I love playing gundam on xbox 360.
                                I have all the episodes to tranzor z all so known as mazinger z.
                                Love the he she man sir lol.
                                I have the large mazinger z figure from the 80's.The small mazinger z figure with wings.I bought him the large old voltron figure with the characters. original transformers comics and huge transformer figure collection .I bought most this for my son to enjoy and re live my child hood.I have all the street fighter episodes he enjoys them and the xbox game.Good old ninja scroll and all the manga anime have quite a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X