Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pcrbmw View Post
    Looking Great!

What paint did you use on the manifolds?
    Thanks!

Just some generic high temp black over a bead blasted finish. It's for BBQ's so I'm not sure how long it will last, but I got a few good coats on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just rebuilt the injectors and unpacked the HD tranny mounts.

Still on track for dropping the engine in this weekend :)

Comment

Fuel rail cleaned, painted, and assembled. Ready to mount onto the intake so I can bolt her up.

Comment

Still planning to drop engine/trans in this weekend. I understand the starter is kind of a bitch to access so I'm dropping it and the alternator off at my dad's shop to be rebuild.

Comment

Question about open header!!!

Ok so it's not really a header I guess.... I don't have any of the exhaust system mounted up right now. Will I be able to test run the engine with open exhaust manifolds or do I need that O2 sensor in place?

Comment

Ready to drop this bitch! Just about.... Had to stop for the day untill I drill the tranny brackets for the 10mm HD mounts.

So far got the flywheel on twice.... The Sachs stage 2 I ordered was for a single mass whereas the donor engine had a dual. Had to pull the single mass from the old engine and mount up. What a pain it was to torque the bolts!

Trip to the hardware store to get new bolt/buts for the stater (which was rebuilt along with the alternator by my old man). Motor mounts installed....

Feels like it took all day to do a couple things.

If I can get everything in tomorrow and connect the starter for a compression test, I will be happy :)

Comment

Holy s*#& it turns over! :)

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Got a second wind and decided to head to my dad's shop and drill the tranny brackets to fit the HD mounts. Then everything else just sort of happened and the damn thing went in. Had to get creative with some 2x6 boards for leverage and maneuvering but it worked. She is cranking over and not making horrible noises :)

Compression testing tomorrow. Prob going to be kinda shitty being "new" rings and never fired, but I'd like the piece if mind.

Comment

Well the engine is officially sitting on the mounts, no strings/chains attached! I have the tranny supported in the back, just need to get some locknuts for the mounts. My goal is to have the engine running in 2 more weekends.

Comment

Oh, also found out that I need to replace the passenger front wheel bearing. Got the car up on jacks and that wheel has about a 1/4 inch of slop all around :(

Comment

~175-180psi on all cylinders!

I was not expecting that with the "used" rings I installed.

Engine mounts all in place with bolts, pending tranny mount bolts still.

Waiting for water pump to arrive so I can finish up the front of the engine.

Tomorrow I'll be cleaning out throttle body at work and getting that installed.

Comment

Nice progress so far!

Is your engine hook behind the distributor rotor flipped the wrong way?

RICHTER MOTOREN

1987 e30 325is Zinno - Restoring
                        2004 e46 325xi Alpine - Daily
                        2003 e46 330ci Topaz - Sold
                        1988 e30 325is Zinno - RIP
                        2007 Honda Ody - Family Truckster

'87 325is Restoration Build

Comment

Originally posted by pcrbmw View Post
                          Nice progress so far!

Is your engine hook behind the distributor rotor flipped the wrong way?
                          Thanks!

Yeah, it could very well be backwards. I just tossed it on so I could hookup the engine hoist. I'll take a look and verify before I bolt up the rest of the front.

Cheers

Comment

What are these? Anyone? Laying loose in the car.

Comment

Well it was suggested on another forum that they are just fancy door lock stem pieces... Might look good if I had along with a wooden wheel.

Comment

NGK ZGR5A , good choice on that one , those are good plugs , i have a 325es stroker and put them in last year.. definitely wakes the car up spark-wise
                                1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                                1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                                Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
                                1967 2002 parts car
                                1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Working...
                                X