• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since joining R3v...

-Bought a '91 318is
    -Swapped M50 into 318is
    -Swapped S52 into 318is (long story)
    -Got to be friends with Mike Bell (ST1G)
    -Had second baby
    -Moved back to Denver from Portland
    -Somehow impregnated my wife again (due in March)
    -Bought a Studebaker Avanti with for my dad (see other thread in OTL)
    -Had lunch with ST1G in Boise yesterday (Bar Gernika!)
    -Flying to PA tonight to present surprise present to my dad on Friday (vid will be on YouTube)
    Last edited by ajhostetter; 09-21-2016, 12:58 PM.
    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Gained e30 obsession.
      Bought 2002.
      Became obsessed with 2002's.
      Sold 2002.
      Became obsessed with old five series cars.

Because the only thing that matters in life is cars. Maybe the lady friend too.
      -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
      -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

- Got a steady place to stay after 2 years of couch-surfing and living in my car
        - Learned that I never want to install an in-ground chassis dyno again
        - Quit the job that made me sign up for r3v in the first place (see sig, guy still owes me $500+ in pay)
        - Got laid
        - Sold my beloved Neon R/T for an E30
        - Got job with turbo accessories manufacturer
        - Forced to perform near-complete mechanical restoration of said E30, including engine replacement. My only car, no garage.
        - Got laid again
        - Rage-quit above job when everyone quit but me, I got all the workload yet still wasn't paid what I was promised 2 yrs prior upon hire
        - Started community college
        - Finally found friends less than an hour away that also enjoy going to the beach
        - Struggled
        sigpic
        1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

^^at least you got laid. twice!
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Keep moving forward, Vincent B >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              ^^at least you got laid. twice!
              Two more times than anyone else so far.
              -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
              -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Presumably those with kids got laid, I mean, one would hope.
                sigpic
                1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Well lets see here......

Grew up for the most part.....
                  The list would be very long, so I will keep it to the lessons and events that I learned the most from.

-Went broke and deep into debt, while having a decent real job, 2 side jobs and doing side work on my own.

-Took a shot on a new direction for a career, started at the bottom, made lots of sacrifices and dug my self out of debt, and learned a lot about life along the way. Met some good people and gained a couple of friends that I will cherish until the day I am gone for their generosity.

-While doing that we moved 2000 miles across the country to a place I really love being.

-Mom got diagnosed with cancer, didnt bother to tell anyone until treatments were over and was in the early stages of remission..

- Grandpa Died, The man I strive every day to be, yet fall hopelessly short of that measure (at least in my own mind). One of the few things that I have a hard time accepting and he passed 8 years ago next month, I still wonder how I have gotten along this far with out him.

- Shortly after that moved 1500 miles back the other way to a place that made me want to kill myself, that lasted 16 months before we could not take it anymore and went back to where we love living.

- Started to earn a good income, put some money in the bank, got smart and learned to save it for when you need it, and you dont need a new truck every other year.

- Traveled a lot for work, learned a lot about people, life in general, and the world in the process.

- Got married to the same wonderful woman that I had shared a life with for nearly 14 years. She still puts up with me somehow and for that I am beyond blessed.

-Wife and I have had our share of ups and downs in the last 16 1/2 years, we have had some really good times, and we have endured some really hard things with in both our families and our own relationship to the point of nearly complete destruction. Its our partnership that I think I am the most grateful for and it has taken me a long time to realize that.

- Moved around the valley a little bit learned to do the same thing you always do with less. So you can enjoy the things you like to do more.

- Mom gets another diagnosis, after letting symptoms go for far too long. with out seeking medical help, and passes 6 weeks latter in her living room under my brother and I's watch.

- Big lesson from that ordeal was you have to plan for tomorrow, but you cant let that be your sole focus, because you have to make though today to see tomorrow (kinda how I had been living my life for far too long an letting the most important things slip to the back burner)

- 2016 has been a bad year work wise for me, glad I have saved up some money since I have not been on a payroll since last fall........

- Found out yesterday I have a big ass gallstone

I am sure I am missing a few things here and there, but that covers the bulk of the major milestones the last 12+/- years. Being an adult sucks :p
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Hmmm...

Graduated HS (barely)
                    Bought my favorite E30
                    Did lots of drifting
                    Diagnosed with clinical depression
                    Spent fuck tons of money on my favorite E30 to ease my pain
                    Broke three G260s in the course of a year
                    Bought and sold my favorite E34 540i/6 (my favorite one)
                    Stuffed an S50 in my favorite E30
                    Had the best summer ever
                    Finished tech school
                    Bought Eleanor
                    Ran off the road in my favorite E30
                    Fixed said favorite E30
                    Bought the M3
                    Decided the M3 was slow as fuck so sold it to finish up Eleanor the way I wanted
                    Eleanor still sat for another year
                    Bought the mtech cab
                    Mtech cab is still slow as fuck
                    Bought and sold and parted countless E30s...literally too many to count

Among a bunch of other stuff I can't remember at the moment.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Well, I'm n00b as fuck, but here goes:

-Still working at bank, just head closer now, NBD.
                      -97 GTP shit the bed
                      -Drove gf's parent's 2010 Camaro SS around for the summer
                      -twatsicle crazy baby momma came back from six months in the army (basic+AIT)
                      -Parked E30 until my dad has enough time to help me (I rarely have time)
                      -Bought a 2004 SRT-4
                      -Bought a racing sim rig
                      -Just doing what I can to be the best father I can be... and boyfriend on the side
                      -I too got laid (GO VINCENT!:woowoo:)
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Working...
                      X