No announcement yet.

Diesel Tow Rigs. Cummins owners here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James, is that a VP44 Motor? Looks good. Any expensive repairs?

I have one of these engines in storage said to be from a 2002 but it has a vp44 pump. From everything I read, it's not worth the hassle over going with a 12v when it comes to swapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
      James, is that a VP44 Motor? Looks good. Any expensive repairs?

I have one of these engines in storage said to be from a 2002 but it has a vp44 pump. From everything I read, it's not worth the hassle over going with a 12v when it comes to swapping.
      Yeah, the Bosch VP44 Pump, no expensive repairs yet, had to recharge the AC and fix a few electrical things here and there.

Latest issue is the fuel gauge being inaccurate below 1/4.. Ran out of Diesel in southern Oregon en-route to Laguna this last August.

Thankfully 3 of the injectors are easy to get to, so just cracked the lines to bleed the air and it fired right back up

Comment

id pay half the asking price

1972 UNIMOG - $26000 (Gloucester)

1972 Mercedes Benz Unimog 416 with Fire and Rescue boxon the back 22000 km on the clock 931 hrs on engine meter 20 speed trans .13, 000 miles Runs andshifts like new .2 speed front PTO orig. tool kit 5 new Conti 335/80-20's on powder coated rims front of Box has seating for 4 and has 7 roll up doors and pull out trays would make a great camper $26.000 no calls after 9pm 804-693-9853
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

^ you are just obsessed with them things haha. The gas mileage on them things is probably rated at gallons per mile.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

i apologize for derailing your thread, matt........

yes, indeed. they are so bad ass. i love the cab design of the 406/416. my dream is to drive this from somewhere in north alaska down to the tip of south america.

this one in the craigs ad above likely has highway axle ratios since it is a fire truck application.

they have portal style axles which increase ground clearance by about 8". also, the frame is designed to flex(a lot) and is actually part of the suspension.

if i owned this one, i would probably leave the axles alone since the ratios probably fit into my plan. on other versions, i would switch the axles out with axletech 4000's. they can be had cheap through military surplus outlets, they are rated at 9000lbs and were on lots of mil vehicles such as the mrap.

they are the ones the "diesel brothers" are using on their show. they actually say they are 20 ton but that is wrong. after doing research, i found they are named as i mentioned above.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by flyboyx; 10-04-2016, 08:56 PM.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

aaaannnd, this wheel is a direct bolt on.
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                i apologize for derailing your thread, matt........

yes, indeed. they are so bad ass. i love the cab design of the 406/416. my dream is to drive this from somewhere in north alaska down to the tip of south america.

this one in the craigs ad above likely has highway axle ratios since it is a fire truck application.

they have portal style axles which increase ground clearance by about 8". also, the frame is designed to flex(a lot) and is actually part of the suspension.

if i owned this one, i would probably leave the axles alone since the ratios probably fit into my plan. on other versions, i would switch the axles out with axletech 4000's. they can be had cheap through military surplus outlets, they are rated at 9000lbs and were on lots of mil vehicles such as the mrap.

they are the ones the "diesel brothers" are using on their show. they actually say they are 20 ton but that is wrong. after doing research, i found they are named as i mentioned above.
                I'm curious to know what power plant it would have with highway ratios. It can possibly have that tiny motor in it.

Comment

Working...
                X