No announcement yet.

Just got robbed.. what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your support. I guess with this thread I was more looking for "if this happened in your life, how did you get over it?" One of my questions was whether I should try to suck it up. I don't believe that's always the right answer though. Lots of people have been suggesting a psychiatrist but I'm glad to have all opinions and the thought behind those opinions.

If we knew each other personally you wouldn't have to ask me whether I'd feel the same way about being robbed by white people. I'm sorry race is such a trigger for a lot of people. That's why I used it as an example - because it would be terrible to become one of those profilers. You may have to read what I wrote twice to get the wording.. it's a charged subject and easy to jump to conclusions. But in any case thanks for your sentiments

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

IMO best thing to do after experiencing something like this is to just actively think and let time do it's thing. Over time you'll realize that shitty things happen to good people, good things happen to shitty people and shitty things happen to shitty people. Even some genuinely good people in desperate times will resort to shit like this to stay afloat. Maybe they had a family at home that needed food, or they're just pieces of shit that wanted to make an easy buck. Either way, time and thought, broseph.
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Being in the mental health field, a psychiatrist is not the place to start IMO. They dont do therapy, they prescribe meds which treat a symptom. That does not fix or alleviate any issues from the robbery. I am not knocking them, thats just what they do, See an LCSW, or LPC (that’s their credentials/licensure) If you want to work through some of the residual feelings or symptoms from the robbery. They will help you decide if meds are necessary

Comment

Working...
        X