Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

niceee

Comment

Closed the deal on a house about a month ago. Finally getting around to sorting the garage out so I figured I would bump this thread. Lots of potential with this since it has a fairly long back wall to work with.

I'm pretty set on leaving the toolbox where it is and given that I have plenty of space for my tools, I may be ditching the peg board idea. My parents just redid their kitchen so I will be using their old countertop as the main surface. My plan is to put it between the shelves and the box along the outlet strip.

I drew up a quick sketch of my initial ideas:

Open spot for beer fridge is not negotiable...
      Probably will have a bench vice on the right side as well.
      As far as the cabinets i want something overhead for manuals etc.
      Ive had an obsession with architect style lamps ever since i was a young whippersnapper, so i really want to incorporate it somehow. I figured mounting it upside down in the center might be a good option so it reach the entire bench. Definitely see me hitting my head on it though so may need to move the cabinets higher.

Anyone got any alternate lighting suggestions?

I didnt draw a stool but aiming for something i can sit/stand at.

Any other ideas on layout, etc. are welcome as well.
      1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
      1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
      E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

lights lots and lots of lights that is all
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Been a while since the last post I did, much has changed. Sold the hard body and M5, bought a tacoma and a banshee, and got my garage back to turn into a small work shop/personal bike shop/soon to be small home gym. Its been really nice being able to work from home rather then have to drag my bikes to the shop/bring tools home, my apartment goes right in from the garage, so I can keep a fan in the door and get some cool air from inside

It is slightly cramped, and I'm still on the fence if I will move or not here in the next few months, but I get by just fine, once I get that POS red FZR out of there, it'll free up some more room too, which I will most likely and promptly fill back up with a power rack lol

and some shitty panos

nothing really to boast about over on garage journal, but it gets the job done for now, would like to implement some air tools next, but the two strokes/repsol are already loud as it is, so I may wait until the next place on that addition ;D

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
            This is a great thread.

@BaltimoreBimmer: could you post pictures of how he hinged the tables? That's a very good idea!
            Sure thing, here is a better picture of the area. We used this white table top piece we had laying around and attached it via hinges into the brick/cinderblocks. Then we use our free rolling half stack tool chest combined with a roller stand to keep it up when we have junk on it (it's very sturdy). Also allows us to store stuff underneath it.

Here are two pictures of it folded away, it just chills on the wall completely out of mind out of sight :) this was all my dad's idea so I can't take any credit for it. I just said "yeah that's brilliant" when he asked if he should implement it lol.

First image shows the hinges just barely, don't mind the pegboard in front of it, this was mid "renovation"

Here's another angle: my old man sweeping up and my dear annie taking refuge from the rain

Comment

Bumping this thread, finally got my workbench built today with the help of my pops.

Still not 100% complete. Need to relocated receptacle raceway and a few other things but its functional.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post

This is my setup where I do all my fab work. You can never have to big of a work bench haha.
                Nice. Wished to have mine.

Comment

got my receptacle raceway relocated and added a shelf.

Still quite a bit more sorting to be done but progress is progress.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Working...
                  X