Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how is everyone bleeding their cooling system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is everyone bleeding their cooling system?

Any tips/tricks, or are we still doing the "fill from the overflow tank, jack the car up, rev it and hope for the best" as in the M/S50/2 swaps? What is everyone doing to know they are 100% getting all of the air out without any trapped pockets?
    I'm using a mishimoto E36 rad btw, and I've got a custom aluminum overflow tank as well.

Vacuum filler is the way to go when you have an E30, makes it a breeze
    My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

Honestly, with my s52 I had a really hard time, bleeding it over and over again. With my s54 I didn't have to do it at all, I just filled it up and went. I have a mishimoto and an early model coolant reservoir up in the battery tray.
      Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
      COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Yeah I just fill and go as well, but I want to be absolutely sure. I don't have nor am I looking to buy an air compressor so... :/

Comment

The gist of it is pour coolant in slowly (don't let air bubbles form), turn the heater on full blast, crack the bleed screw once the lower rad hose gets hot, turn the car off, top off with coolant after its cooled for a bit. I've done this on m20, m54, and s50. The 24v cars had e36/e46 style radiators with build in reservoirs and bleed valves

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I don't have a bleed valve unfortunately

Comment

that is going to make this complicated. Undo your reservoir cap carefully to release air once the motor has reached temp

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
              X