M54 swap help, throttle issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M54 swap help, throttle issues

I am following the instructions above and got a M54B30 installed into a 89 325i and will fire up fine (no exhaust yet! just headers). Engine came from a donor car i tested and ran fine. Problem is the throttle pedal won't increase the rpms. I hooked up a odb2 connector to car and put my scanner on it, i am getting signals from it in live data when i press the pedal but rpm will not change. Any ideas?

Not sure if it matters, e30 was an automatic (converted now), e46 330i was a manual so using its transmission but wiring harness I'm using is from a 530i auto for the extra length.
    www.eurowinnipeg.com
    www.E30S38.com
    E30 Mtec2-S38 | V10 TDI treg | E34 M5 | E39 M5 | Corrado turbo VR6

Is the actuator plugged in?

If it's getting a pedal signal but the throttle isn't moving then you should be getting a whole bunch of errors for the TPS and actuator not returning expected values.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

What I do in this case is plug in BMW specific diagnostic tool and watch live data. Got to have INPA or Snap-on tool. Generic OBD2 wont work. On some MS43 softwares throttle pedal would be canceled if brake pedal is applied. It has to be properly programmed or brake pedal switch properly installed.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        Is the actuator plugged in?

If it's getting a pedal signal but the throttle isn't moving then you should be getting a whole bunch of errors for the TPS and actuator not returning expected values.
        actuator does plugged in.

Comment

Working...
        X