325iX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325iX

I'm going to be getting a 325iX pretty soon :) and was looking for some recommendations for spare parts to get. I would like to buy any parts/be actively looking for them before I need them, what parts seem to break the most or be the most difficult to find for a 325iX?

Thanks!

front halfshalfts, front strut housings (if rust is an issue), front diff, and transfercases with good splines and VC.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

front driveshaft
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

15" weave for the trunk if its not there(even if it is, never know you could smoke a wheel someday) w the same size tires as the runner, if your running weaves of course. actually get two and hook me up i need a spare as well

Comment

Thanks guys! Ill start hunting these down!

Any recommendations for an alternator upgrade with a better output than 90W? Something that is a simple swap? I would like to run an extra set or two of driving lights. Also, any recommendations for a rear trunk wing? I really like the way the M3 EVO trunk lip spoiler looks but I also like the way the Zender spoilers look.

This forum is great!

CS

Comment

I don't think a set of driving lights is going to affect anything. it's 90 amps btw (about 1200 watts). :p
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Adding more driving lights is fine on the stock alternator. What's even better is replacing the stock lighting with more powerful options.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                I don't think a set of driving lights is going to affect anything. it's 90 amps btw (about 1200 watts). :p
                Yeah, I went and calculated it out. I got these http://www.kchilites.com/pro-sport-w...o-package.html and I plan on mounting them on one of Matt-B's light bars.

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                Adding more driving lights is fine on the stock alternator. What's even better is replacing the stock lighting with more powerful options.
                I was thinking of that but I don't know what forum members recommend. I did see that replacing the halogens with LED bulbs is a terrible idea due to blinding oncoming drivers. I want the ability to quickly go back to stock OEM (or at least minimal damage to harness) so I will have to do some more research.

Comment

You spent $917.53 on those lights? Lol.

A set of oem US ellipsoids and HIDs would have run you $200 and would have been legal to run. You can't run those rally style lights on the street. You'll get pulled over. In fact, some states have laws that they must be coveted on the street.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by xXWarsmithXx View Post
                    I was thinking of that but I don't know what forum members recommend. I did see that replacing the halogens with LED bulbs is a terrible idea due to blinding oncoming drivers. I want the ability to quickly go back to stock OEM (or at least minimal damage to harness) so I will have to do some more research.
                    People have different favorites, but mine is a simple Hella H1/H4 replacement, like this:
                    http://www.rallylights.com/catalogse...l=1410&q=Hella

Those reflectors have the sharp European-style upper cut-off, and they provide way better lighting than anything else I've used. You can make things even better by opting for the 100W H1 high-beam bulb. It's overkill for occasional use, but in rural areas where you're using high beams routinely, it's fantastic. You're dimming the high beams for oncoming drivers anyway, so it's not like you're blinding anyone more with 100W bulbs than with 60W bulbs. They just require replacing the 7.5A fuses with 10A fuses.
                    Dave
                    '91 325iX

Comment

Jokes on you!

Originally posted by Kershaw
                      You spent $917.53 on those lights? Lol.

A set of oem US ellipsoids and HIDs would have run you $200 and would have been legal to run. You can't run those rally style lights on the street. You'll get pulled over. Some states have laws that require you to cover the lights.
                      I have been running KC lights in Alaska for the last 8 years and no one bats an eye, which is where I am heading. We have a lot of minimally trafficked road and its no different than your brights, turn them off at a minimum of 500' before approaching other people (I usually do ~1500' as a courtesy).

High-intensity headlights are popular and getting more so, especially here in Alaska during the long, dark winter months. They’re called “moose lights,”…

Comment

Working...
                      X