No announcement yet.

A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's super cool. Did it help the idle at all? I'm pretty sure the e30 needs some wire love soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      That's super cool. Did it help the idle at all? I'm pretty sure the e30 needs some wire love soon.
      Idle still feels the same, its the WOT higher RPMs that feel 100x better
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

just read this from start to finish! seriously good work on this little gem. Hopefully i can see it when we are in town and maybe we go get some pictures of it for you.

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
          just read this from start to finish! seriously good work on this little gem. Hopefully i can see it when we are in town and maybe we go get some pictures of it for you.
          haha glad you made it all the way through!

Id love to bring either car out, I should probably wash the E30 though, its really dirty right now

In other news, I leave for Monterey on Friday, so I wanted to get a few more things done. The seat looks like it might not work out, and with a few more important things to do, its on the back burner for now. Today I finally changed my oil and also installed these new Datsun badges for the fenders that I picked up from a 311s.org member. It also gave me an opportunity to put some miles on the car, so I did a little over 100 yesterday without a problem.

Heres a few pics from today

Comparison of the badges Will throw on for me and the new ones from Nick

Hard to really see the difference until you get close, then its obvious

Looks good to me!

I also did a few other minor things, but Im looking pretty good for Friday!
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

lovin' the small updates.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              I do things.

Comment

so sadly, not much progress because we bought our own place and Ive been busy moving. Still grateful I got to go the Historics and ride along with a 311s member. Truly a great experience and made some memories with new friends.

Here was a final shot of the Roadster in the old garage, followed by her new resting place

also take note of the tonneau cover!.. its not totally ready yet, but it can still do its job keeping dust out and whatnot while its parked up.

I did have a little time and wanted to get the NOS comp sway bar installed. I got the bushings from JT and they fit perfectly!...

It wasnt too bad to install, I didnt even jack the car up since I was in a bit of a rush. HUGE difference between the bars... Not sure what to do with the old one as I dont see myself ever reinstalling it.

A comparison pic of the sizes

I cant wait to get this car out there and start pushing it, but I still have a lot of little things to get done before its good to go... hopefully soon
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Congrats on the move! That can always be super stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    Congrats on the move! That can always be super stressful.
                    HUGE pain in the ass!... but I get a more private garage space, and eventually a totally private spot once I get some electrical work done in the garage so I can close the door. Then it will be exciting!.. I have repeatedly warned my wife that the garage space is mine, so Ive given her a small space to store stuff, but Im hoping she will reduce the clutter and organize stuff so that the garage is all mine.

More importantly, I hope to get the garage setup properly with a ton of garage art that Ive been holding on to for a long time, a cool stereo, a garage computer and hopefully my welder.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Congrats on getting your own place!
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I got something done that I have been itching to do. Plan was to do new wheel bearings and extended studs and new lugs. With Harlans help (and some annoying circumstances) I was able to get it done fairly quickly. Couldnt get the car to his shop, so thanks to some intelligent thinking (not mine) I just pulled the hubs and took those with me...

The only parts I had on hand, Harlan sourced the nuts, studs and everything. Cant thank this man enough

Heres the before

it came off surprisingly easy, and the bearings still had plenty of grease. Good sign so far

within an hour, I had the car loaded and ready for the next day to head over to the shop

Over at the shop, heres the only pic I took.

and now back together... not as exciting, but good and quick

finally, some threads that extend through the wheel..

Now to properly torque the wheels down and go for a drive!... which I will need a 20mm deep socket to do... bummer. the drive will have to wait another day it seems. maybe this will give me motivation to get my lights going so I can actually drive at night if I choose to!..

until next time
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Lights at night seem to help driving conditions I've noticed. lol.

Love the studs. Wish Germans were as big of fans as Japanese when it came to those.

Comment

Got a chance to finally drive the car, and low and behold what do I see right around the corner from my house!...

Was determined to get the swaybar completed today and had to get a little creative with a few things to make sure I could button it up...

Another thing Im working on ...My jack hole covers were not a color that matched, and with plans down the road to get a BRE airdam, I figured I could grab a can of "paint-match" ... easier said than done.

ummm....

so much for this being easy...
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I would look into having an auto paint supply store making your color. The can will cost like 18$ or so, but it is worth it if done right.

Comment

so that swaybar install went perfect, until it didnt. last bolt I was tightening down decided to snap on me, even though I wasnt really cranking it down. Really annoyed because thats weeks that I lost doing more relevant stuff on the car. Instead, here I am over 2 weeks later and I still havent had a chance to fix it. I sourced replacement bolts last week, got 4 Grade 8 bolts since I figure the other 3 are going to be a disaster waiting to happen. Heres the collection...

Weekend off from school, but filled with Honey-Do's meant I couldnt spend more than a random hour on Friday night to frustate myself with it. Honey-Do's took priority over Simon-Do's so I didnt get to it yesterday either, but today after work I was determined and got about an hour and a half in before I was called in by my wife. I think in total I got about 4 turns of the screw. Not much left to go, but a combo of destruction tools isnt getting this sucker out. Theres just nothing to bite to to get it turning. My Craftsmen extractor bits are useless and I couldnt get a nice flat cut onto the broken bolt without cutting through the mount, so its been slow and VERY frustrating. I would love some hands-on assistance if anyone is willing to head out to Inglewood... Id offer to drive to you, but with no day time availability and no working headlights, you'd have to come to me and see my situation firsthand.

Still no power in the garage, but luckily I have extension cords, so heres how it was setup to get started...

and about 100 minutes later, still looks like sh!t

I think I have about 3 turns left to get it totally out, its fully recessed into the captive nut and Ive destroyed most of whats come out the other end in my attempts at cutting a grove that I can use to remove it.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X