Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SI Board Woes (New board, no damage, fuse related?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SI Board Woes (New board, no damage, fuse related?)

The previous owner of my 318is had the SI board refurbished by Bavarian Restoration about 9 months ago (looking at the board, they did a lovely job)

My oil change light refuses to be reset along with stomp codes no longer working.

All of the SI board related gauges work so I know for certain that the board itself is just fine.

Replacing fuse 10, 12, and 21 fixed it temporarily (about 4 or so hours) and allowed me to jump the diag port to reset it with success. However, it goes back to shining the oil change light and will not allow me to reset it with the side effect of the stomp code ability no longer working.

Occasionally, pulling fuse 21 and putting the exact same fuse (proving that it’s not blowing the fuses) resolves the problem but again for only about 4 hours.

I’ve run out of fixes, does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!
    91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

Was the jumper on the SI moved from off to on when the SI board was installed? Without it, power is not supplied to the volatile memory by the batteries.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 10-28-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I would contact bav rest directly with this issue

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Bav Rest has some killer customer service. This is a non-issue. Contact him.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
        X