15mm drop hat review installed with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15mm drop hat review installed with pics

so i decided to install these this morning. took no time at all. i just took off the wheel undid the sway bay and the nut on the top of the strut then let the suspension droop. their was enough room to get the new spring plate in. well here are some before pics. this with h&r race springs with no spring pads front or rear.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by richardkeith97; 02-19-2010, 03:31 PM.

here are some after pics. i installed the drop hats then took pics right away. since then i did some driving this morning it looks like the springs have settle a little more. i've noticed whenever i jack my car up the springs sit a little high for a bit.
    Attached Files

Comment

I dislike opening up every link. Lemme help out if you dont mind.
      before...

after...

Ahh... much better. Please apply my discount for this post.:)

What suspension are you on...just for reference?

COTM

Comment

How much shock travel do you have left?

Comment

i didn't measure but i've been driving around all day and my roads are horrible with big dips and bumps and i've been trying to hit bumps and i haven't had any issues.

Comment

h&r race springs with billies

Comment

whoa whoa, hold up, my billie sports and eibach setup sits more like your after pic, does that mean I can have my car even lower with the 15mm drop hats?
              harry/harout

Comment

i would say so

Comment

i've been driving around all day with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                    whoa whoa, hold up, my billie sports and eibach setup sits more like your after pic, does that mean I can have my car even lower with the 15mm drop hats?
                    That's funny. My H&R/Billie sports sit high. 15mm lower might be just what I need...

Nürburgring info

Comment

awesome car!!! 15mm would make a huge difference and close up that gap. do you have your rear spring pads in? if so remove those also.

Comment

Originally posted by richardkeith97 View Post
                        awesome car!!! 15mm would make a huge difference and close up that gap. do you have your rear spring pads in? if so remove those also.
                        Yup, rear spring pads are in right now... they're coming out....;)

Nürburgring info

Comment

I have full IE springs with bil shocks, will mine sit this low? I want mine to be slammeddddd plus I have spacers. I just ordered a pair on ebay...

Comment

this is what it looks like right now... reverse rake :(

Comment

Damn reverse rake. That is a noticeable difference with the hats in...if I can get this H&R/Billy setup for $200 I just might do all that for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X