No announcement yet.

86 eta 5.0 swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of driving today, roughly 6 hours total. Took a trip to Houston to help a guy pull the driveline out of a 92 3 series vert, in exchange he allowed me to cut off the core support for my own car. Removing the core support made engine removal super easy anyways.

Going to make the core on my V8 E30 removable, might try to get that going this weekend, but have a lot of other stuff around the house to do, so who knows.

Comment

Back at another lull in the action, as my side business (electric guitar pickups) has started really picking up... Not sure when I'll have more time to get back to this to be honest, there's so much work right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Supadave View Post
        Garagistic write up on a removable core support.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...UXfqlTl5-K6vdY
        Yes I've seen that. I'm going to wind up sectioning the front end on the red one further back, and make it bolt on at several points. I think this will be much simpler than the Garagistic setup, and will repair some crumpled metal on the drivers side rail.

Comment

Wow, you've done a lot of work since I've last seen the thread. Seeing all this makes me happy I found a guy who sold me all of his v8 swap parts for ridiculously cheap. Keep up the good work man 👌🏼

Comment

My HOA finally got on me about this car... Have to get it in the garage. I'm going to put it in with the front towards the outside so every time I open my garage my neighbors have to look at it.

Comment

Neighbors are more of a pain in the ass than E30 V8 swaps.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

I will concur with that last statement! Fun build, good luck.

Comment

It's in the garage now, ugly as ever for the neighbors to hate.

Comment

any new updates?

Comment

No, still too busy. I sold the radial arm saw that's to the left of my E30 in that last picture though, so slightly more room

Comment

booomp
                        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Would have posted if I had anything to post.

Comment

Picked up a Milwaukee 14" abrasive chop saw so I can eventually do my exhaust... $75 at the flea market, couldn't pass it up.

Comment

Recently, I decided to change direction slightly and simplify things. I want to get the car on the road so I can feel it out, see where I want to take it from here. To do that, I've decided to temporarily go carburetor/distributor. Yesterday, I picked up a Holley 600cfm setup for it.

Still need to grab an HEI distributor, but this will allow me to get it on the road without the tuning I'd need with the Megasquirt setup. I'll see how the car drives with this setup and go from there. I think ultimately I'll wind up with a 347 stroker and a turbo, but I've never even driven this car so I think this is a vital step.

Comment

Working...
                              X