This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not OEM fuses? you want new ones?

I've got a big bag of fuses pulled from parted cars if you want.

also hey folks, anyone need an 885 head? There's one on my old ix motor that is in fine shape.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      dumb question, I want to replace all of the fuses in both my cars with something similar to the OEM fuses.

Who sells similar fuses for a reasonable price?

I thought you were an all knowing engineer.

Didn’t you study fuses? Can’t you tell us all about everything because you are an “engineer”?

Buy some goddam fuses. Use your multimeter to verify they work
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

lol
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
          I thought you were an all knowing engineer.

Didn’t you study fuses? Can’t you tell us all about everything because you are an “engineer”?

Sounds like something a communications major would say, or someone who didn’t go to school.

Does anyone have a spare m20b25 fuel pressure regulator laying around they will sell? Hoping to not spend $100+ on a new one just to diagnose a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
            Sounds like something a communications major would say, or someone who didn’t go to school.

Does anyone have a spare m20b25 fuel pressure regulator laying around they will sell? Hoping to not spend $100+ on a new one just to diagnose a problem.

Perhaps not being r3vtarded would be a good start to diagnosing your problem.

Get a fuel pressure gauge and see if your regulator is actually at fault.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
              Perhaps not being r3vtarded would be a good start to diagnosing your problem.

Get a fuel pressure gauge and see if your regulator is actually at fault.

Soo which one is it? I’m going to guess coms major. I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here - given you’re in Real Estate and coms would be beneficial for that, I’ll just assume you at leeast went to school. Then again it is more typical for someone that didn’t get a higher education to insult those who did.

Nice try at insult though. I’ve already been down that road, I know the fpr is faulty. Thanks

Comment

:popcorn: don't let it get to you, dude's a grouch
                Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Soo which one is it? I’m going to guess coms major. I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here - given you’re in Real Estate and coms would be beneficial for that, I’ll just assume you at leeast went to school. Then again it is more typical for someone that didn’t get a higher education to insult those who did.

Nice try at insult though. I’ve already been down that road, I know the fpr is faulty. Thanks
                  Enough school to hire and fire and make fun of engineers.

So you are looking for a 25-30 year old used condom?

If you tested and the fpr is faulty it’s time to buy a new one.

Comment

Fair enough, engineer nerds are easy to pick on anyways.

But yeah, I’ll pick up a new one shortly. I’m in the middle of finding a new place to live and I’m trying to get the car on the road so I can transport it. If worse comes to worse I’ll have to tow the car and that’d just be another expense so I was hoping to save some cash in case that happens.

Comment

Fair enough, engineer nerds are easy to pick on anyways.

But yeah, I’ll pick up a new one shortly. I’m in the middle of finding a new place to live and I’m trying to get the car on the road so I can transport it. If worse comes to worse I’ll have to tow the car and that’d just be another expense so I was hoping to save some cash in case that happens.

If you are looking for a easily installed inexpensive solution and need a new fuel filter also then perhaps a e46 unit would be the ticket with its built in fpr. Very inexpensive and easily installed

46 is for a return less system but it wouldn’t be hard to adapt it for a e30

Comment

any of y'all throw a shell away? I got one I need to get rid of, and don't know where to start. Any advice? I don't have a trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
                          any of y'all throw a shell away? I got one I need to get rid of, and don't know where to start. Any advice? I don't have a trailer.
                          i'm doing one tomorrow

you'll need a trailer and the title, and time to take it to Simms Metal Management, where they will pick it up with a great big claw hook thing and toss it onto a big metal pile

it's pretty sweet and they even pay you for the scrap weight (not a lot)

couple things to note
                          - you *need* to bring a signed title or a junk slip
                          - bring a hard hat
                          - no gas in the car. ideally, remove the gas tank. otherwise, drain it
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Pick-n-Pull took my 318is shell away and gave me $88 for it.
                            I just called them, they sent a truck and I gave the pink slip to the driver...
                            Super easy
                            1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                            1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                            1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                            1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                            2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                            2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                            2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                            2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by wilholl View Post
                              Pick-n-Pull took my 318is shell away and gave me $88 for it.
                              I just called them, they sent a truck and I gave the pink slip to the driver...
                              Super easy
                              Did it roll? how many wheels did you have on it?

Comment

Did it roll? how many wheels did you have on it?
                                4 wheels, 2 with tires - 2 busted wheels without tires
                                1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                                1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                                1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                                1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                                2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                                2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                                2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                                2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Working...
                                X