This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efficient View Post
    is anything special needed for auto x? always been interested in trying but have never looked into it.

Just a snell 2010 helmet or newer. Don’t need any specific safety equipment unless you have a vert (roll bar).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PacificExposure View Post
      Just a snell 2010 helmet or newer. Don’t need any specific safety equipment unless you have a vert (roll bar).

SCCA doesn't even require a roll bar for autox. They check for the helmet, make sure your wheels aren't going to fall off, and make sure the battery is secured. That's it. I'm not sure about the other ones like SpeedVentures or BMWcca.
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by gte175x View Post
        Where can we find the schedule? I was always wondering about this.

Most C&Cs have an individual Facebook page, but the Carlsbad and RSF event is every Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
          Signed up for the autocross at Bimmerfest, anyone else doing it instead of the show?
          How much does it cost to sign up? I'm kinda interested.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Narek View Post
            How much does it cost to sign up? I'm kinda interested.
            Only $50

Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

This is a tech form, required for track events with Speed Ventures, but not required for autoX. It's a good checklist, regardless. http://www.speedventures.com/events/tech.pdf

I've ran autoX with SV, it's fun! You don't have to pick up cones either. All you need is a car that won't explode, and a helmet.

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I run speedventures autocross all the time. I highly recommend trying it out. They don't check anything but you should go over the tech form and make sure you're in good shape. You don't work and you can drive all day. One time I stayed all day and did 68 runs, and I only stopped driving for the day because I ran out of gas.

Comment

who has a decent front roundel that wants to gift it to me? Mine is annoying me and I dont want to buy a new one yet
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by sileighty View Post
                    I run speedventures autocross all the time. I highly recommend trying it out. They don't check anything but you should go over the tech form and make sure you're in good shape. You don't work and you can drive all day. One time I stayed all day and did 68 runs, and I only stopped driving for the day because I ran out of gas.
                    I've been wanting to do the SV one for ages. Is it on a go kart track?
                    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Last time I did speed ventures (ages ago) was in the parking lot of the Fontana Raceway. Basically the parking lot of what becomes bimmerfest. Not sure if it's changed? But I might be coming to one of these events in the near future.

Charlie, I might need your assistance on a few things. I might still have your number, if not I'll hit you up on messanger.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Can anybody recommend a good fuel injector place?
                        HIK Fab

Comment

Originally posted by JGee View Post
                          Not local to CA at all, but I used bimmer baron. Worked great, was cheap and turnaround was about a week.
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by JGee View Post
                            These guys are in Torrance, 1 day service. Haven't tried them personally, but they are pretty legit. I believe it's about $25 each injector and they flow test them to make sure you're getting the same on every injector.

@IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                              I've been wanting to do the SV one for ages. Is it on a go kart track?
                              The usual spot is the big flat parking lot and they just set up cones everywhere. You can see the video in this course:

This is the first time we've ever witnessed an accident at a speed ventures autocross. It was a pretty fast track and it was his first time up since his last...

90% of the course stays the same, they change a few parts each autocross. There can and have been crashes there (as you can see in the video), but you have to be a total bonehead to hit anything. Last time I went a stock Miata locked their wheels and somehow skidded 200+ feet into the wall. I only saw the aftermath.

Anyways due to scheduling conflicts their June event is going to be in a different parking lot. It's the parking lot next to the go kart track. It's huge (1 million square feet), there's some elevation changes and it's much longer and more spread out, definitely favors the higher power cars. I would definitely try making their June event if you can :up:

Comment

^^^Thanks guys, sent them off to Torrance yesterday. I should get them back Friday.
                                HIK Fab

Comment

Working...
                                X