• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

What size are your tires again?
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

^ 17x8 et 20 on 215/40/17. 10mm spacer up front.

I think my BBS RS 262/263 with 1" drop lips are 17x8.5 and 17x9 ET unknown right now, but I run 215/40/17 with 20mm spacers front and 235/40/17 rear no spacer. About 3mm clearance.

On my D-Force 17x8.5 et40 I run 235/40/17 all around.
          Last edited by R3Z3N; 06-24-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

BavRest should be starting my cluster warranty this week. I just wish for more communication with them.
            Last edited by R3Z3N; 09-16-2019, 07:57 AM.

Comment

What happened to the cluster?

Comment

The oil pressure gauge would turn off after 30 seconds or so, sometimes it would work for s short drive.

Comment

Just had a thought. I wired in my 16" Spal Pusher 30102048 in the aux fan location stock E30 wiring. It turns on with AC as expected. I am not a fan of the relay solution but it works right now.

Then, instead, the maybe I wire the 16" Spall Low Profile Puller 30100400 with the E46 PWM unit!? Reason being, these other PWM units do not utilize the same thread pitch nor resistance slope for the sensor BMW/Bosch sensor.

Only concern is without the Temp Pressure Sensor, will the fan still default the 60% min. I shall try. I should be able to edit the Aux fan speeds within the dme to check.

First check, 0 the KKOS values and Ersatz value, does my pusher still work as expected with Gary's CAN controller...... oh games yay!

If this works, it saves me $180 for a PWM controller and an odd way to measure the rad outlet temp.

NOTE: skip derale. Don't even think about their PWM fan control module.

Comment

I tried to fit it but the 16" Spall Low Profile Puller 30100400 center backing plate hits the water pump nut (the Z4M pump thread is shorter which I have) and pulley bolts.

Looks like I will to try for a 14" puller, or see if I can move the radiator forward 1/4"

Currently the 2048 pusher works very well, but I have not tried in 90+ degree weather in long standing traffic, and I assume there to be no disadvantage to adding a puller as well.

Comment

Received my warrantied cluster back today. I hope this is my last dealing with Bavarian Restoration, their communication is horrendous and he kept stating it was my wiring as the problem, when he found it was the unit he installed.
                      If I were to do it over, I would have E30 Dad (link?) do the overlays and needles, and use a Podi Guage for the added info such as voltmeter, oil and pressure etc.

Installed and it seems to work, shall take it for a quick spin tomorrow.

I did sign up for autox although I will be using my street tires. I have to try it once! (though more for a shakedown)

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                        Received my warrantied cluster back today. I hope this is my last dealing with Bavarian Restoration, their communication is horrendous and he kept stating it was my wiring as the problem, when he found it was the unit he installed.
                        If I were to do it over, I would have E30 Dad (link?) do the overlays and needles, and use a Podi Guage for the added info such as voltmeter, oil and pressure etc.

Installed and it seems to work, shall take it for a quick spin tomorrow.

I did sign up for autox although I will be using my street tires. I have to try it once! (though more for a shakedown)
                        Wow that surprises me, he was really quick to respond to me when I did mine, even with last-minute changes.Sorry to hear that it took so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                          Wow that surprises me, he was really quick to respond to me when I did mine, even with last-minute changes.Sorry to hear that it took so long.
                          Bavrest is dead to me now. Their name shall no longer be uttered as a recommendation. About 9 months to fix a warranty problem, communication as stated non existent when they have my product, and they charged me to fix the warranty problem. Then they forgot to ship it back to me until I asked for tracking a week later from taking payment. No, never again will I give them a recommendation.

Comment

bummer about the cluster situation.... however Im very excited to see how those 235s handle the S54s power haha
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                              Bavrest is dead to me now. Their name shall no longer be uttered as a recommendation. About 9 months to fix a warranty problem, communication as stated non existent when they have my product, and they charged me to fix the warranty problem. Then they forgot to ship it back to me until I asked for tracking a week later from taking payment. No, never again will I give them a recommendation.
                              Sounds very similar to Miller and their baloney sandwiches. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N
                                Not following.
                                It sounds very similar to my experience with Miller Performance, albeit you actually got a response at some point in time. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X