Gnarly accident - M5 wrapped around poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
    When I was a youth, I had a Chebby Monza that was lucky to hit 100mph on a downhill cliff.

It was still dangerous to me.

Of course, Pac Man didn't convince me I could be a street racerz, either...

t
    mine was an 81 Cutlass or some such. I don't think it would even hit 100mph.

I still crashed it..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
      One of the occupants who died is my gf's friend/classmate. He just graduated from the same Uni that I attend yesterday.
      Terrible.
      Sorry to hear. That is one horrific accident - they were going at warp speed looking at the damage. I rolled a Datsun B210 in my youth. Ironically not wearing my seatbelt saved my life as the roof crushed in but I walked away with minor injuries.

Had a couple of friends die in similar accidents when I finished high school - mostly down here it's V8 Holden Utes that seem to get the young lads in trouble. Young guys with a 5.7 - 6.2L LSx + no weight in the rear without a few bags of cement in the tray, what could go wrong?!
      Last edited by lukeADE335i; 05-23-2019, 12:10 AM.
      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Happened here:

sigpic

Comment

at least the driver was using his turn signal
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            3am and a car full of dudes in a twin turbo M5... what could go wrong
            They were coming back from Suhoor since it's Ramadan; aka eating before sunrise

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
              They were coming back from Suhoor since it's Ramadan; aka eating before sunrise
              I respect that, but that doesnt excuse driving like a maniac on a public road with innocent people on the road. I just hope the guy you knew wasnt the driver. Shame that 3 people fell victim to another persons reckless behavior.

I feel like there was a similar story when the E39 M5 was brand new too.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Must have been a huge hit for the car to look like that. Have to feel sorry for the clean up crew:/

Comment

Anyone else impressed by how strong that pole is?

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    I respect that, but that doesnt excuse driving like a maniac on a public road with innocent people on the road. I just hope the guy you knew wasnt the driver. Shame that 3 people fell victim to another persons reckless behavior.

I feel like there was a similar story when the E39 M5 was brand new too.
                    Right, I wasn't defending whoever's actions got them all killed, just justifying what the 4 dudes in an M5 were doing at 3am.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

this is just totally sad.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Same here - had '67 Nova with a straight 6 and three-on-the-tree when I turned 16. Promptly went out one night with a co worker, and wrecked it. Luckily, it wasn't capable of any real speed, and it mainly just consisted of me burying the front end into a dirt embankment. Rebuilt the front suspension and she was good as new.

I am also amazed at just some of the raw hp numbers some of the kids today are playing with. Even in my street racing days of yore, the biggest, baddest cars were probably on 300 hp at the wheels back then.
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                          Anyone else impressed by how strong that pole is?
                          That's the first thing I thought, in addition to the engine flying out. Just wow!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            I am also amazed at just some of the raw hp numbers some of the kids today are playing with. Even in my street racing days of yore, the biggest, baddest cars were probably on 300 hp at the wheels back then.
                            I agree.
                            Heck, the car I use mainly for grocery runs twice a week has 300hp.
                            Just goes to show how far we've gone in the hp game.

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                            Is this some sort of mistake?!
                            All 4 occupants are named "Hussein"!
                            Or is that the equivalent to the name "Bob/Billy/William" in Western societies?
                            Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 05-23-2019, 09:27 AM.
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                              Makes me glad none of my friends had a new M5 when I was a teenager.

"Hey man, wanna go for a ride?"
                              I still remember clearly guys I knew in HS (1977) with big block Chevelle drag cars asking me to go with them on Friday nights where they regularly street raced and got in fights and wrecked cars. No thanks. And of course one of them wrapped it around a pole on graduation night.....

Comment

A complete tragedy. Several families permanently damaged.

Comment

Working...
                                X