318is exhaust question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318is exhaust question.

Hey fellas... I'm currently running a Flowmaster 40 series delta with stock cat and resonator. The car drones pretty horribly and while it honestly sounds quite good for an m42 (I've had 5.0 mustang guys compliment it so I know I'm not just crazy), it is also a bit too loud. I'm thinking part of the obnoxious droning is due to an old, worn out resonator (coupled with the Dronemaster). Do you guys think a vibrant Ultra Quiet res and a dynomax super turbo would quiet things down and reduce the god awful drone?

*Also wondering if there's a turbo muffler similar to an ST that's built better (have heard that the insulation can wear out rather quickly).
    Last edited by ArizonaRosd; 01-22-2018, 04:59 PM.

Lots of brands i dont know, but to stop drone with limited flow restriction you want a resonator designed for a 4clr engine (they have specific lengths to remove specific frequencies) and the biggest baffled rear muffler you can fit.

Comment

Baffled mufflers are better for M42s, but typically a 16" resonator will do the job even with a turbo style unit.

I took a chance on a Stromung cat back with no resonator, which people say sounds good, will install this weekend and check the sounds versus my current factory unit with box resonator.

Comment

Working...
      X