Review: UUC Big Brake Kit for E30 - 4 Lug Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KenC View Post
    He's running 17" Kopis. No spacers, no caliper issues.
    correct. The Massive kit print-out guide showed some possible interference but the UUC was better, so I went that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackjunkiE30 View Post
      Anyone have any uneven pad wear? I have gone through two sets of pads (DTC-60) and both set have had uneven wear.
      I just spoke with another customer this week, we were trying to figure out why he had the same problem.

The answer turned out to be really simple... he had the calipers installed on the wrong sides of the car, left caliper on right side and vice-versa.

When looking at the caliper mounted on the car, it is vertical (up and down). Small piston should be at the bottom:

- Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
      Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Thanks Rob, that was me that you talked to:D
        John

2013 NASA-SE TTE Champion

Tracks driven: AMP, Barber, CMP, CMS (Lowe's), Daytona, NCCAR, Road Atlanta, Rockingham, RRR, Sebring, Texas World Speedway, VIR (Full, Grand, South, North, & Patriot), Watkins Glen.

Comment

so where are the calipers manufactured?

The website states ... "This caliper is made by UUC in Alpharetta, GA" which seems a little odd with the use of the word "by" instead of "in". Seems like the type of sentence written by a car salesman.

To manufacture those calipers in the states you couldn't sell the kit at $850.00. I'm making an educated guess that they were made in China.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Please do some research before crapping in a review thread

Comment

Thanks for providing that link, it makes me more suspicious.

He quite clearly stats that the design was made in Georgia,

"Let me make this perfectly clear; this is a brand-new design, made right here in Georgia. No affiliation with Wilwood whatsoever. We've built this caliper to the highest standards, using the best materials."

However he does not say where the caliper is made.

I'm not crapping, just asking for a little clarification from Robb.
              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                Thanks for providing that link, it makes me more suspicious.

He quite clearly stats that the design was made in Georgia,

"Let me make this perfectly clear; this is a brand-new design, made right here in Georgia. No affiliation with Wilwood whatsoever. We've built this caliper to the highest standards, using the best materials."

However he does not say where the caliper is made.

I'm not crapping, just asking for a little clarification from Robb.
                Lee? :p You suspect fraud?

UUC isn't a fly-by-night eBay store. They have significant history with the BMW community and support the brand, CCA club racing, and our chassis.
                I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

I promise they calipers were made right here in GA i have been to the machine shop where they are made many times

Comment

I have as well... I have seen them made.

Comment

Dominic49, dinanm3atl - Thank you, I do appreciate the affirmation.
                      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Wanted to post some more info on this kit... The other weekend I was able to win my class against a much lighter car by outbraking him. I was able to go deeper into hard braking zones. I am using DTC-60's. Thanks to UUC for helping me win a free Hoosier:)
                        John

2013 NASA-SE TTE Champion

Tracks driven: AMP, Barber, CMP, CMS (Lowe's), Daytona, NCCAR, Road Atlanta, Rockingham, RRR, Sebring, Texas World Speedway, VIR (Full, Grand, South, North, & Patriot), Watkins Glen.

Comment

this is sweet..ill be considering this when i order my 16's
                          did u guys leave the rear brakes stock?
                          m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                          build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

I believe these were designed to be used with stock rears to retain proper front/rear balance.
                            Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
                                I just spoke with another customer this week, we were trying to figure out why he had the same problem.

The answer turned out to be really simple... he had the calipers installed on the wrong sides of the car, left caliper on right side and vice-versa.

When looking at the caliper mounted on the car, it is vertical (up and down). Small piston should be at the bottom:

I was going to ask if you might have install them backwards, when I was looking into this kit I noticed they had the different sized pistons.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X