No announcement yet.

new project/drift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got bored so i went and picked up some plasti dip for my shadowline and bumper. only got the front bumper and drivers side trim done today. Also tried firing off the old engine and no go. no spark. now ive gotta trace all the wiring and figure out whats going on.

anyways pictures of the plasti dip shadowlining

Comment

Exhaust out the high beams, do it! I was thinking about running it through the valance on the side, but that seems like something only fwd cars would do...

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

get rid of the plasti-derp on metal and use high-temp enamel - it holds up to abuse much better.

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

i wanna see it slide!!!
          my build thread:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=231612

Comment

so i was under the impresion that a relayed power wire was all that was required to run the coil. after tearing into why it had no spark we scatched our heads over why i had 3 relays all sliced into each other and none giving the coil power. finally just jumped the power to the coil and she started right up. ran smooth and sounded rad with the short pipes.

next we pulled all the random crap running to the engine. All that is left is pulling the motor and tranny. Ill be cleaning up the wiring and dealing with the popping/skipping column and steering rack while the engine is out. thinking this vorshlag with an e36 rack and steering spacers. hopefully it'll give me the extra room needed to run exhaust on the drivers side vs wrapping it around the front of the engine.

speaking of spacers, picked up the 15mm track+ spacers for the front and they fit perfect. ill grab some pictures in the morning.
            Last edited by eurotrash; 12-22-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sofargone561 View Post
              i wanna see it slide!!!
              From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
              Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

i got bored and wanted to see it run b4 we pulled it
                http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t=IMG_3916.mp4

Comment

damn wtf

Comment

i almost bought that car when the previous 2 owners had it on craigslist. im kicking myself that i didnt.

is this you? http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/2770147963.html

Comment

yep

fired it up and turned it around. im gonna have to figure out why my clutch pedal sits 3" farther out then the brake and gas and doesnt engage til the last 1" of throw. boosterlrss brake setup seems to work fine tho.
                      Last edited by eurotrash; 12-27-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Comment

Gonna be fun. I guess, just that the engine is stupid heavy..
                          A rover 3.5 is all alu and Buick parts fits..

Comment

its not gonna weight much more then an iron block overhead cam i6 and the engine swap is already done. just gonna change a few things to clean it up and drive the shit out of it.

Comment

Man, seeing that thing firing up makes me excited haha.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

ill be alot more excited to see it with the new motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X