Help with emissions regulations? NY State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with emissions regulations? NY State

My car is an 89, so it is now 25 years old. According to the NY DMV website, all cars older than 25 years are exempt from emissions inspections.

Does this mean that I can simply take the sticker off of my car and never have to get it inspected again? My sticker expires at the end of this month, so I'd like to know if I have to pony up the $30 for an inspection, or if I am now in the clear.
    I like cats.

You still need to get a safety inspection. They check brakes, lights etc.. The safety inspection only costs $15 iirc

Comment

Originally posted by CW325 View Post
      You still need to get a safety inspection. They check brakes, lights etc.. The safety inspection only costs $15 iirc
      100% correct, inspection for older cars is very basic and costs less than $20
      My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by ME30W View Post
        My car is an 89, so it is now 25 years old. According to the NY DMV website, all cars older than 25 years are exempt from emissions inspections.

Does this mean that I can simply take the sticker off of my car and never have to get it inspected again? My sticker expires at the end of this month, so I'd like to know if I have to pony up the $30 for an inspection, or if I am now in the clear.
        You are still required to pass safety inspection at an authorized facility but you are correct in regards to not requiring an emissions test.

Comment

NY state $10 for 89 cars, 90 obd 1 is $21
          Me and my buddy's e30 m3's were inspected last week

Comment

guess ill chime in for further confirmation lol any pre obd 2 car now only requires a safety inspection only which is usually 10 bux. most shops barely even check anything lol
            sigpicIF YOU THINK LIFE IS PASSING YOU BY....DOWNSHIFT

Comment

It's actually only the safety inspection after 25 years. Up until this year the car still had to have the $30 inspection, but they really don't look at much
              I like cats.

Comment

Working...
              X