No announcement yet.

M20B29 w/ Triple Webers into my '71 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad ass as always Andrew! Happy I checked back in again. Its getting close.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

this sucks... your older pics are dead
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
        Bad ass as always Andrew! Happy I checked back in again. Its getting close.
        Hey, thank you! Glad to see you are still alive, I sincerely hope all is well with you.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        this sucks... your older pics are dead
        Yeah.... thanks photo bucket. I'm going to have to transfer the older pictures to flickr in the next month.
        -------------------------------

Last thing for the intake system is the fuel rail. I've been making fuel rails for the M10 for a bit now (see here https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/to...er-sidedrafts/), but am now playing around with M20 options.

Here's the first version mocked up for a friend. The next option I'm playing around with will have the rail mounted to where the heir-joint linkage would have gone with rubber lines going to each carb. It will be a more refined version of what you can find on some Datsun Z-cars. Inspiration is also coming from the old Aston Martin and Ferrari systems.

On the bodywork side, I've knocked out the floor drains. Seam sealing where needed. Will be laying down epoxy primed shortly after thanksgiving.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

2018 update at sometime please [emoji8][emoji8]
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

2018 update at sometime please [emoji8][emoji8]
            +1

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by sh3rpak!ng View Post
              +1

sent from my sm-g920t using tapatalk
              +10

Comment

Well, I've been absent from this thread, but have kept pretty busy!

ADAMS Autosport is an actual "thing" with an actual website now. More parts are in process, and more tutorials are incoming.

-------------

One of the things that the car needed was a rebuilt heater core, so that was tackled over the last couple weeks.

Here's a before shot.

Here's a couple after shots.

There is a tutorial I just finished on the website for anyone who needs it.

The car is coming along as well. I just finished laying out my fitting locations for the fuel/brake lines. They need to be tacked down and covered with body sealer before the Wurth Schutz gets sprayed on.

After getting a lot of input I ended up using Southern Polyurethane's epoxy primer for the interior and underbody. Taking an concours/hotrod trick, I'm brushing the stuff on. Very very impressed with SPI as a whole, it is a neat company with great quality product.

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Well, this happened recently. A long project with KW has yielded fruit. I helped them develop a V3 Coilover system for the 2002, as a thank you they kindly made a set spec'd specifically for this car (accounting for a stock-looking ride height and the M20 engine weight). Can't wait to get PAINT on this car!!!

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                    Well, this happened recently. A long project with KW has yielded fruit. I helped them develop a V3 Coilover system for the 2002, as a thank you they kindly made a set spec'd specifically for this car (accounting for a stock-looking ride height and the M20 engine weight). Can't wait to get PAINT on this car!!!
                    V3!? so adjustable damping (dampening??) and adjustable height as well... color me curious!... tempting but luckily I dont have an 02. however the urge is growing after my last SoCal Vintage canyon run
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

V3!? so adjustable damping (dampening??) and adjustable height as well... color me curious!... tempting but luckily I dont have an 02. however the urge is growing after my last SoCal Vintage canyon run
                      We'll have to switch cars for a weekend, if that works for you!

Yessir, the KW's have double adjustable shock (you can see the lower adjuster at the bottom. There's a cutout on the bump-steer plate for it. Kinda nifty!
                      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

damn those are some pretty pieces

get some paint on this thing!
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Very Nice, Andrew.
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post

get some paint on this thing!
                            Yes! Paint! It will happen!

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            Very Nice, Andrew.
                            Thank you Lorin, hope all is well.
                            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

More odds-and-end progress. The car still is not painted unfortunately, but have been working on some fun stuff.

1) I picked up these old lightweight aluminum Brembo calipers, these will work with the 13" Diana wheels along with the vented E21 rotor setup. Should be a slick little big brake kit that will hopefully weigh less than the stock brakes!

Started by tearing them apart, had to be careful not to knick the aluminum.

Sent the bodies out to be stripped and hard anodized. They came back great! Rob at Centerline Alfa got me setup with a nice set of pistons and new seals. For giggles I polished the hardware and had it all plated.

all ready to go!

------------------------------------------

Made these headlight covers a couple months back, they fit in over-top of where the headlight sits in the engine bay. It really cleans up that area.

-----------

Also did this Tachometer Adapter which will allow me to keep the stock 2002 tachometer functioning with the swap. It's a nice OEM-like touch.

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Also, it was fun to have a booth out at SoCalVintage for the first time!

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
                                X