Idle Control Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Control Valve

I was trying to remove the ICV on my m42 but could not figure out how to take the electrical plug out. Release the metal clip and pull?

TIA
    Aaron
    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Im not sure why i am replying to this i dont have an M42 nor do i know the engines but i know some plugs have this clip that goes on them and you just take a screwdriver and u wedge it into the clip and the plug and then once it pops off you wiggle the plug out with your hands/fingers.

Comment

You are talking about those metal clips that go 3/4 the way around the plug right? And they have the sliders on either side? Well, just push the top part of the clip down (toward the plug itself) and pull at the same time. By pushing down, it releases the sides of the clip.

matt

Comment

Dude,
        We have to stop meeting like this. I was going to clean my ICV this weekend. Is that wierd or what?

Comment

Mark you are starting to scare me. Differential bushing, steering wheel shake, ICV...whats next? I do have leaky powersteering hoses that I am going to replace. Do you? :D
          2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

I've had the problem for a while, but haven't gotten around to it. I swear.

Comment

Working...
            X