Shorter engine mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorter engine mounts

I've run into a problem....My turbo exhaust manifold sits RIGHT on top of my passenger side engine mount...right now the top of that mount has broken off and is sitting about 1.5 inches to the driver side....totally fucked. The engine mounts are just too tall to squeeze in...do they make any shorter engine mounts?? Thanks!

I know there are solid mounts out there that the M3 guys, and other racers, use to lower there drive train to get a lower center of gravity..
    I don't know if this is the right application for you since these are rigid mounts. I think there has been some discussion about strengthening the subframe in order to make these work.
    I would talk to the guys at IE about their urethane mounts..maybe they can be trimmed or customed to sit a bit lower..sorry, but this is the only info that I have to offer.
    what turbo manifold are you using? a little more insight and perhaps I can help you a bit more.
    -peter

Comment

it was a custom one built by a guy on E30sport...Ben was his name? Was making carbon fiber parts for a while...anyways, its the adapter type manifold...one of the "runners" comes down a bit low and interfers with the mount.....the top of both mounts have been totally sheared off and its basically just laying in the engine bay...i dont see how its gone this long, i figure its been like this for a long while...

Comment

the e32 ( i think its e32) the OOOLD 7er 750 engine mounts are lower and stiffer.

Comment

How would shorter engines mount help? Sure, they're not as tall, but the engine will sit lower also.

Comment

I think I will be ok...here is my reasoning...the manifold is sitting right over where the topf of the engine mount SHOULD be. BUT, the mount is moved about 1.5 inches off, so when i bolt up the new mount and slide it into the hole in the crossmember, the whole engine will move...so the exhaust manifold is going to move too...i was spazzing out about this and it's not going to matter at all...yay 8)

Comment

Originally posted by shahe
              the e32 ( i think its e32) the OOOLD 7er 750 engine mounts are lower and stiffer.
              That is only for the M3 bro.

Comment

i didnt realize he didnt have an m3 :oops:

Comment

Working...
                X