Let’s talk about Antifa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    If you want civil discussion, then why would you support antifa? Antifa wants the opposite of civil discussion. They want to quash any form of civil discussion with force and they have demonstrated that in their actions.

This is simply untrue, any such notion is literally right-wing extremist propaganda and nothing more.

I fully support organized antifascist action, the escalating threat of fascist extremism and white/Christian supremacy must be stopped.
    sigpic
    1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
      This is simply untrue, any such notion is literally right-wing extremist propaganda and nothing more.

I fully support organized antifascist action, the escalating threat of fascist extremism and white/Christian supremacy must be stopped.
      Literally proved my point. You're not willing to have a civil discussion. You want to quash all other beliefs that aren't your own.

As a note so I don't get called a Nazi: I don't agree or associate with anything white supremacist or facist. I disavow all of it.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

If you want civil discussion, then why would you support antifa? Antifa wants the opposite of civil discussion. They want to quash any form of civil discussion with force and they have demonstrated that in their actions.
        no we don't. refer back to the image from the first post. maybe read the rest of what i've posted here while you're at it, because as i've already said, we shut down a nazi rally here in the bay area *peacefully*.

civil discussion is fine and should absolutely be how things work- i've been trying to do that in this thread, but i'm getting shouted at by 3 people in a row, so perhaps you should carefully consider whether you actually adhere to the ideals you advocate.

objecting to racism and promoting equality is us exercising our first-amendment rights, and it's more in line with constitutional values than anything i'm hearing from the alt-right.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

How is it "right-wing extremist propaganda"?

This is "literally" on CNN fucking lmao

Protests that erupted at UC Berkeley ahead of a planned Wednesday appearance by right-wing commentator Milo Yiannopoulos caused $100,000 worth of damage to the campus, the school said Thursday.

hahaha "simply untrue"

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

How is it "right-wing extremist propaganda"?

This is "literally" on CNN fucking lmao

Protests that erupted at UC Berkeley ahead of a planned Wednesday appearance by right-wing commentator Milo Yiannopoulos caused $100,000 worth of damage to the campus, the school said Thursday.

hahaha "simply untrue"
            that's black bloc, not antifa. it says that in the article you linked. i guess you didn't read all of that either.
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

Sorry, but this is not how free speech works. It's either all of it or none of it. You can't pick and choose what speech is allowed and what speech is not allowed in a society with free speech.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                that's black bloc, not antifa. it says that in the article you linked.
                far left, black bloc, antifa...who cares? alt-right, nazi's, and conservatives all seem to be gathered in the same group too. It's us vs. them, isn't it?

Comment

Sorry, but this is not how free speech works. It's either all of it or none of it. You can't pick and choose what speech is allowed and what speech is not allowed in a society with free speech.
                  that is a retardedly simplistic viewpoint.

in a society where we've decided to adhere to the three ideals of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" for everyone, no, we should not tolerate hate speech or white nationalism.

those two things are irreconcilable.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

far left, black bloc, antifa...who cares? alt-right, nazi's, and conservatives all seem to be gathered in the same group too. It's us vs. them, isn't it?
                    no... john mccain is a republican but i agree with him on many points.

it might be just you that's stuck in the tribal mindset here.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

Speech without action does not infringe on a persons right to life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness.

Comment

No I’m neither right nor left. I’m just sick of this stupid moral high ground that the far left (antifa) has taken. I find it disgusting and I’m tired of hearing about it. I just want people to live their lives and speak their minds. If they do something illegal then they should be punished. They shouldn’t be punished for wrongthink.

Comment

Speech without action does not infringe on a persons right to life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness.
                          traveling halfway across the country to throw a hate-speech rally *is* action. do i have to define that word for you? it means "doing something".
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

traveling halfway across the country to throw a hate-speech rally *is* action. do i have to define that word for you? it means "doing something".
                            So you want to ban all rallies that you don’t agree with? Is everyone supposed to just sit in their room and talk to themselves? Are people not allowed to gather to try and have their voices heard? Are you listening to yourself?

Comment

So you want to ban all rallies that you don’t agree with? Is everyone supposed to just sit in their room and talk to themselves? Are people not allowed to gather to try and have their voices heard? Are you listening to yourself?
                              if voices of hate that are not in line with constitutional values are not allowed in my city and keyboard warriors like you have to resort to ranting on random vintage bmw forums- well, i'd prefer that to the alternative.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

if voices of hate that are not in line with constitutional values are not allowed in my city and keyboard warriors like you have to resort to ranting on random vintage bmw forums- well, i'd prefer that to the alternative.
                                So you do want to quash views that you do not agree with, not with civil discussion but with force. There we go...

Comment

Working...
                                X