buy an s38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
    The M5 is one of the most bad ass 4 door cars out there though!!

I beg you, please don't part out a GOOD one though... Find a fucked up one.
    why thanks for the compliment :)
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Linus: care to expand on Joe Funk's contact information?
      Edit 1: found it - user Funkmasta, of course!
      To all: it is my impression that whoever imports engines is making an EMBARRASSING amount of money.
      Edit 2: not so sure, although certianly, let's call it a complicated issue. Having regular access to Europe could save me a significant amount of greenery.
      Last edited by nmlss2006; 09-23-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I have a few S38s if anyone needs one... yes I realize this thread is over 5 years old.

Comment

Uh where does one find 'a few S38s'?

Comment

Originally posted by nmlss2006 View Post
            Uh where does one find 'a few S38s'?
            At Roland H's house

Comment

I was only supposed to end up with one, some how that multiplied into 4. I may also make some S38 E30 mounts too, so you don't have to order those high priced, ghettofab ones from that complicating 300mm.de website.

Comment

Lol ya. Friend just bought a m5 and now there are 4x s38's avail to me locally here in norcal
                Let me know if you make mounts stateside: ideally aluminum if strong enough

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
                OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                  Lol ya. Friend just bought a m5 and now there are 4x s38's avail to me locally here in norcal
                  Let me know if you make mounts stateside: ideally aluminum if strong enough

Goal number one is to find an E30 and then determine what the ideal mounting position for the engine is. I'd like to avoid smashing in the firewall, but won't know what I need to do until I can start mocking things up.

Comment

It would be more ideal for weight bias w/ a smashing and the subframe could be spaced down like v8 swap

OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                      It would be more ideal for weight bias w/ a smashing and the subframe could be spaced down like v8 swap

Closer to or into the firewall the more room for better cooling systems as well. You really do need to lower the subframe at least 15mm to get the hood shut if using the stock b36 plenum. It help the tranny angle as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                        I have a few S38s if anyone needs one... yes I realize this thread is over 5 years old.
                        B36 cams???
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                        X