Where does the wheel chock mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does the wheel chock mount?

I am in the process of putting my 91' back together and trying to figure out where the factory wheel chock mounts. Anyone have a pic?

I just wrap it in a cloth and stuff it in next to the jack, in that pocket in the trunk.
    In for proper storage procedure

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

It fits under the factory jack.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        It fits under the factory jack.
        Pics of the orientation? Never tried to see if it would Tetris in under there.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

my E30 is basically a glorified beer fridge these days, but I'll try to take one for the team and get a pic. :p
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The factory jack obviously mounts in trunk one-way. The flat part of the wheel chuck goes under the flat part of the jack, and sits flush on the floor (only one-way wheel chuck can go). If you have the factory clamping hardware for the jack and tighten it properly, it will hold down the wheel chuck.
            Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 09-27-2018, 03:48 PM.
            1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Originally posted by Jb325is
            Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
            Transaction Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258421

Comment

fat part towards the rear of the car, flat - as if you are chocking the rear wheel. Jack sits on top of it.
              come on people

Comment

Working...
              X