Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318is slicktop

SOLD

1991 BMW 318is E30, 5 speed, hard to find slick top version. Car was originally from Florida, always stored winters so there's little to no rust, just some starting in the typical battery box area. All panels still have the original VIN tag on them. It has a cheap single stage respray and there are blemishes and tapelines. Some dents but nothing too heartbreaking, and some scratches. It shines up okay enough and would benefit from a proper machine polish to make it a solid "five footer." It does have some sun damage on the weatherstripping and the trim is faded. The rear bumper cover has a crack but I have a replacement. Overall a good candidate for restoration or totally presentable as a fun weekend track/autox car.

The chassis has 124,xxx miles on it but I bought it with a bad engine, which I replaced with one that has 228,xxx miles. High miles but it always starts up and idles and runs fine. Main issue is it drips oil. I did the "mess under the intake" delete, and it has new spark plugs and wires. The transmission and clutch are smooth, and the brakes are like new. Suspension is stock, would need to replaced if you want to drive it hard. Has new rear wheel bearings, rebuilt steering rack, new Bosal muffler. Tires have 90% life left.

Interior isn't terrible but not great. New door seals. The dash shows its age but doesn't have any glaring cracks. Driver's sport seat has some wear but remains relatively intact and all adjustments work. I replaced the carpet with a gray one but there are stains and wear. Headliner has some tears but I have a replacement. No radio. The windshield wipers work but only on high.

I bought this car to use for track/autox so I removed all the AC components and the airbag components. I still have all the AC components except for the pump.

Parts that are included:
    Original engine and transmission
    M44 engine and manual transmission from a e36 318is
    4.10 LSD small case
    Extra clusters, afms, alternators, coils, switches, etc
    New water pump
    8 basket weave wheels, 4 center caps
    Rear bumper cover
    Probably more I'm forgetting

Clean title, ready to drive. Selling because I need the money and the space. Asking $3200. Very keen to sell everything together except I'd actually like to keep the wheels and tires it has on it, asking $3000 if you bring your own wheels. Thanks for looking, and I'm happy to talk and answer questions anytime.

Located in Grand Haven, Michigan.
    Last edited by E30 Wagen; 10-09-2018, 05:05 PM.
    My Feedback

Last edited by E30 Wagen; 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM.
    My Feedback

Comment

Added pics 10/9
      Last edited by E30 Wagen; 10-09-2018, 03:15 PM.
      My Feedback

Comment

Up, updated description, added better pictures

EDIT: SOLD
        Last edited by E30 Wagen; 10-09-2018, 04:53 PM.
        My Feedback

Comment

Working...
        X