Its been a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been a long time

Well I haven't been on the forum in a few years. Maybe some one can help me with my current issue. The current car is a 93 325is obd1. I turbo charged it and decided to upgrade the fuel pump to a 255l quantum fuel pump. Adding the pump boosted stock pressure to 60 psi @ idle. I replaced and installed a new oem fuel regulator but still @60psi I by passed the return line from the car to verify no restriction by running a hose from the fuel rail to the fuel filler cap. Still 60psi @idle. My tune is way off now. Any ideas why the pressure is so high on a 255? I've put 255 pumps in other cars and never had this issue. Thx guys.

Pressure is created by a resistance to flow. Maybe the pump is just so high flow that the fuel pressure regulator can't flow enough to relive the pressure.

Have you double checked that your fuel pressure gauge is accurate?

Comment

Yeah, either a regulator problem or a gauge problem. If the car isn't running right, I lean toward the regulator.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
      X