1993 535i 5 speed for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 535i 5 speed for sale

I'm making one final visit to R3V for the most mercenary of reasons, a for sale ad. We(son and I) are selling a 1993 535i 5 speed with 233100 miles. I'll be right up front with the first item, the car has a salvage title and has had it from before my ownership. I know that's a dis qualifier for some, so best to get it out there first. I have a carfax that lists the history and will make it available to anyone interested. I bought the car March of 2014, after verifying that the prior damage didn't affect the driveability. The fastest way of telling is that the right front fender and front door are missing the vin tags. The paint match on the right hand doors and the hood is not good, in the right light it's pretty obvious. Panel straightness and gaps are very good though, and there's no rust anywhere. So not concourse, but it's a great driver.

The good news is that mechanically it's very sound. Suspension was completely rebuilt in 2014/2015, and the head was removed, fully rebuilt and reinstalled in 2017 by Vaughan Motor Works in Tempe AZ. Air conditioner is fully functional and R134 from the factory, the trans and rearend are tight and quiet, and it's really a very nice car to drive. It tracks straight and has been aligned with no problems noted.

Modifications are mainly in the suspension, brakes, sound system and lighting. It passed a Maricopa county emissions test in 2017.

Suspension: Front was redone in 2014 using only Lemforder or BMW parts, including 850 lower control arms with bearings instead of bushings and 750i UCA bushings. The idler arm was replaced again about a month ago. Rear includes 750 Control arms with the bearings instead of bushings. Front and rear sway bars are M5 spec, BMW parts. Koni sport shocks (adjustable yellow body) and H&R springs all around. The wheels are from an E90 M3, 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear, with 245/40 and 275/35 Firestone Indy 500 tires (approx 3000 miles on tires) The front right wheel has some curb rash but all are straight.

Brakes: Rears are 540 spec, nothing fancy there. Fronts on the other hand are a bit different, using a custom bracket and Brembo calipers on a E60 348 mm rotor. This is a subject onto itself and I'll be happy to go into details with interested buyers. Sorry, no tips for anyone else. The car stops very well.

Lighting: Morimoto Mini HID system, fitted into Depo lights using the Squared Motorworks kit. The lights are very good, and have a good cutoff (no glare). I drove this car a lot at night and never had anyone flash me. One low beam lens has a crack from a rock hit. The kit could also be removed from the depos and put into Hellas.

Sound system: Factory speakers, a 10" Lukebox and Lukes crossover system from the late GAS company. The amp is an Arc audio XDi 850.5, and I used an MP3 player or phone for direct audio in. No radio is installed. Wiring is correctly done, no scotchlocks or other BS.

The interior is in decent shape, all the motors and adjusters on the seats work but the leather is dry and the drivers seat bottom is split between the panels. Dash is very good and headliner looks good.

It has a single mass E28 flywheel and M5 Sachs clutch. The windshield is cracked, and will need to be replaced at some point. Right now the gas door hinge is broken but that will be fixed asap. We have a spare G260, new rear door weatherstripping and a few other spares that will go with the car.

The car is in Prescott Valley AZ, and we are asking 2900. Reasonable offers will be considered, we'd like very much for the car to go to an enthusiast who will appreciate it. Contact me through the forum, or email at bdamschroder (at) gmail. Thanks.

Here's a link to a few more pics:
    Explore this photo album by Shelly Damschroder on Flickr!
    1973 Bavaria

This is pretty sweet, should sell quick
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thanks! It's not for everyone and it needs a lot of love, but it's been a good car for us. I added some more detail pics here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmjC8LVw
      1973 Bavaria

Comment

Any interest and in selling the trans separately?

Comment

Working...
        X