Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonder how much a pro would charge....

Comment

Nice job. Definitely gonna give this a try over the winter when she's tucked away
      -Filipe

Comment

i think im going to do this and then just flock the dash.

Comment

Very interesting idea with the baking soda and superglue!

Good job!

Comment

Definitely looks better than cracked.

Thanks for the tutorial.
            sigpic

Comment

I've thought about this as well, but how would it hold up to being heated and cooling off again, much like the reason it originally cracked.

Comment

There is another thread floating around somewhere that had better results. I know how hard finding used parts can be in a distant locale, like SD, but for most, it's easier to just buy a crack free used dash.

That said, I'll be flocking mine.

Comment

next project- burberry wrapped dash

Comment

Nice Work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the look of the texture coating by itself. Would there be any harm in just doing that and not painting it other than it may not match the rest of the interior color?
                      1986 BMW 325es
                      2006 BMW 325i
                      2003 GMC Envoy

Comment

i can still see where the crack was on the dash above the instruments.
                        1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                        1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                        1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                        guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                        Originally posted by ak-
                        Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Robotin View Post
                          i can still see where the crack was on the dash above the instruments.
                          This was my first time, and go to find out its very much like body work, every imperfection will show. It can be made to look better, but frankly this is about showing the process more than it is critiquing my work. lol

"pfahls1

I like the look of the texture coating by itself. Would there be any harm in just doing that and not painting it other than it may not match the rest of the interior color? "

i dont really see the harm in it, however it'll be a flat black color.
                          My Build Thread Here (E30) ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=240528
                          And Here (2002tii) ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...35#post3173435

Comment

Originally posted by Npulver View Post
                            This was my first time, and go to find out its very much like body work, every imperfection will show. It can be made to look better, but frankly this is about showing the process more than it is critiquing my work. lol

"pfahls1

I like the look of the texture coating by itself. Would there be any harm in just doing that and not painting it other than it may not match the rest of the interior color? "

i dont really see the harm in it, however it'll be a flat black color.
                            sorry. i guess that came out bad. what i meant by that. was it seemed that u put alot of work into it. and i can still see the crease on it. and i that would bother me if i had done all that.

i guess i would feel better if u could see one that was done this way that came out perfect.

would make me more open to trying it.
                            1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                            1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                            1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                            guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                            Originally posted by ak-
                            Must of slid into Rob

Comment

really not bad for your 1st attempt. when painting anything, prep is key. we painted my car and its far from perfect, but happy to say my dad and i did it ourselves on the cheap. good learning experience. i bett you could scrounge up all of the used cracked dash's and refinish/sell them when you get good at it!
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Great DIY! Came out really good.

E30 Motoring "represent boyyy"
                                e30motoring@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X