sigpic
    327is
    325es
    325es
    318is
    Fiesta ST
    E46 M3

Comment

its is a belted mag based cartridge what do you expect, a 300wm I would guess. Fun too shoot for sure, but you dont have near enough glass on that thing to utilize to its full potential.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Finally found a decent place for some relative high angle shooting, 25ish degrees at 450m. 1/4" mild steel didn't fare too well...

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun! Beautiful land.
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

looks much like many of the places we shoot looks awesome and like a ton of fun
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Wish we have places like this in the east coast.

Originally posted by cale View Post
              Finally found a decent place for some relative high angle shooting, 25ish degrees at 450m. 1/4" mild steel didn't fare too well...

sigpic
              327is
              325es
              325es
              318is
              Fiesta ST
              E46 M3

Comment

^

You do, I have been to lots of places like that in PA, NY, WV. and I know there are many places in NH, VT, ME, as well as VA, that are similar to this. Public access will be your difficulty though

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  its is a belted mag based cartridge what do you expect, a 300wm I would guess. Fun too shoot for sure, but you dont have near enough glass on that thing to utilize to its full potential.
                  Yes, 300wm. It's just out of the box. The scope is Vortex 6.5x20. Hopefully I can take it out this weekend. All the places near me is 100y max. and some do not allow magnums and other larger cal. I have never shot more than 100y.
                  sigpic
                  327is
                  325es
                  325es
                  318is
                  Fiesta ST
                  E46 M3

Comment

Fwiw 340 Defense is in Charles Town, WV. They have a 300 yard range which is the furthest I've heard of around here. Haven't checked it out yet, and I understand that's child's play completed to the ranges being discussed.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by dsphil View Post
                      Yes, 300wm. It's just out of the box. The scope is Vortex 6.5x20. Hopefully I can take it out this weekend. All the places near me is 100y max. and some do not allow magnums and other larger cal. I have never shot more than 100y.
                      Well you have some decent magnification there, but it looks like its a 1" main tube, and while it would be fine for sub 1k yard shooting on good light your likely going to have issues in low light, or greater distances with that model, and I also suggest upgrading to better rings or adding another 1, the 300WM can and will shake that lose.

Also I know its a bit of a hike from Philly, but I know there is a 1000yd range just north of Williamsport PA on RT 14 iirc, is the sister range to one of my local ranges I used to shoot at out here in MT.

William Pitt-

Comment

I think most of the Vortex scopes are 30mm tubes. Although I would definitely think to put heavier duty rings on that.

Super cool rifle though!
                        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Where does one keep a pistol in an e30? Hopefully will be back into an e30 this weekend and could keep my g19 in my center console of my truck.

note: In Texas the gun can't be visible from the outside. Although, throwing a towel or even a hat over the gun is ok.

edit: I did a quick google search but that came up with nothing on the subject.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            Also I know its a bit of a hike from Philly, but I know there is a 1000yd range just north of Williamsport PA on RT 14 iirc, is the sister range to one of my local ranges I used to shoot at out here in MT.
                            Deep Creek? I keep hearing about it from down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              Deep Creek? I keep hearing about it from down here.
                              Edit. YES after looking into it, it seems that deep creek took over after whitefish rifle Pistol clubs long benches got shut down by the development full of very big CA vacation homes on the other side of the "very big hill" figured out a range was "pointing" at them, about 7 or so years ago and deep creek has has continued the affiliation with the williamsport club

Here you go Philly guy, its north of Williamsport about 30 mins on rt14 then off to the east between Trout Run and Ralston. I used run up and down that stretch of 14 a lot about 6 or 7 years ago, and there used to be a little brown sign that said shooting range at the road you need to turn off on. Its prolly 8 or 9 miles back in from there.
                              Pennsylvania, Original, 1000, Yard, Benchrest, Club, PA, pa1000yard.com, Williamsport, 1000 yard,bench rest,long range ,shooting, competitive, benchrest competition, benchrest rifle, 1000 yard rifle range, target shooting, world open, light gun class, heavy gun class, sanctioned, benchrest, competition, aggregate, group, score, report, northwest

Also not knocking on your rifle/set up at all, just trying point out some things to help you enjoy it a bit more, maybe avoid some things I leaned when putting my 1st long range heavy rifle together. Vortex dose make some good optics, though for a AT&T rifle you are wanting to push to longer ranges, I think you are going to be bit a disappointed in that optic and out grow the limits of its capability with that rifle much faster than you think. Or get very frustrated with it not holding zero due the optic it self not handling the recoil, or more likely as I see it now, the RINGS will not take it and be all over the place.

Notice the scope mount on my 300wm and thats a very heavy rifle at 17lbs loaded up and NO bipod
                              _MG_6610 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

P3060106 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-19-2017, 12:25 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                Where does one keep a pistol in an e30? Hopefully will be back into an e30 this weekend and could keep my g19 in my center console of my truck.

note: In Texas the gun can't be visible from the outside. Although, throwing a towel or even a hat over the gun is ok.

edit: I did a quick google search but that came up with nothing on the subject.
                                In a full holster with slide/sights down grip toward front of car, between drivers seat and the trans tunnel down as low as you can get it to the seat rail, below the bolster of the seat is where I kept mine when I had an e30. As low as you can still get quick access to and get it out easily Its a little tight on bigger weapons, but if you use a soft type holster with the hook part of hook and loop affixed to the carpet side of the holster it holds there pretty good, and makes a convenient storage spot

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X