X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cue 325iX owners

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

So I'm having a bit of an existential crisis concerning the M52 swap. I'm starting to wonder if it's the right thing for this car. I'm never going to get rid of this car and it seems like I might be compromising the integrity of it by getting rid of the M20 in favor of an M52. So it's either continue with the swap, or sell all the parts I have and get a Bimmershead and refresh the M20. Hmmm...

I know. This "build" thread is literally the worst.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

IMHO, keep the M20. Stay Gold Pony Boy, the M20 is meant to be tucked up under that hood.

Comment

mtwentey, single 3in braaap pipe, more weeb stickers
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Stick with the M52 man... it doesn't look like you're building this for Concours d'Elegance. A car that you feel like you'll own for a long time should be whatever you want it to be. The M52 if anything will pair well with the car.

Don't get hung up just choose a direction and see it through!
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I'd honestly keep the M20. Sure the M52 is easy power and practically maintenance free, but there's just something about the M20 that I miss.

I'd get the head resurfaced and pressure tested somewhere local, and spend whatever you have left on some go fast bits for it.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Thats a tough one...m52 for the lulz or m20 for the character. Personally I’d stay m20. Something about that single cam sound on an inline 6 is just so right. But with the time money and parts invested in the swap its a hard choice. Still though...m20 ftw

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

I went through the same thing with my car. I was debating between a M54 or M20. I love the M20 and its perfect right in the e30 engine bay, but when it came down to it the M20 didn't fit what I wanted the car to be. I wanted a nice daily driver with really nice power, light weight, and reliable. Don't get hung up on what "should" be in the e30's bay. An e30 is meant to be driven and thats it.
                  My Garage
                  2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                  1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                  1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                  Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Are you in CO still? a little off topic but was just curious haha
                    86' E30 Plenty Slow And kinda Ugly

sigpic

Comment

M52
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

M60 or no balls. hahahah
                        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

You guys aren't making it any simpler lol. I think I'm going to do a compression test on the M20 and try to get a gauge for how healthy it is. It would kinda suck giving up on the engine right before hitting 300k haha it's at almost 289k right now.

The goal of the car definitely isn't to be a purist special, but I do value maintaining the character of the car and I think keeping the M20 is the best way to do that... but, it sure is hard to argue with a proper M52 setup.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaseb124 View Post
                            Are you in CO still? a little off topic but was just curious haha
                            yeah I am

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                              M60 or no balls. hahahah
                              My roommate has an E34 540i/6 parts car sitting in our side yard right now

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                My roommate has an E34 540i/6 parts car sitting in our side yard right now
                                well that changes everything...if i had access to an M60 id hop on that train in a heartbeat. TORKSSSSS BRUH!

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Working...
                                X