No announcement yet.

FS: E30 M3 Front 5 Lug Setup + GC Coilovers + Control Arms SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see anything wrong with selling locally. Although shitty for the guy it is what it is I wouldn't want to ship those either.
    1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
    COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by iliad View Post
      If you accepted an offer and received payment, then reneged on the deal to a higher (later) offer to a local after the fact, then I too would have had some choice words. A man is only as good as his word.

You made a deal, stick to it.
      Totally understand that position. And I have no problem with frustration or choice words, but anything beyond that is immature. He had an opportunity to get what apparently are very desirable and valuable parts for a fraction of their worth. Didn't work out this time.

But I am not a 20 year old with nothing but time on his hands. I did not want to ship these, and the opportunity arose to avoid that. I did not solicit a local buyer after making the original deal. They contacted me and I took the opportunity.
      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
      -----------------------------------------
      91 318is Turbo Sold
      87 325 Daily driver Sold
      06 4.8is X5
      06 Mtec X3
      05 4.4i X5 Sold
      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
      90 325i Sold
      97 328is Sold
      01 323ci Sold
      92 325i Sold
      83 528e Totaled
      98 328i Sold
      93 325i Sold

Comment

Unbelievably good deal, wish I had been the lucky one.

Unbelievable too that you renegged on someone after accepting payment from them. Not cool.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
          Unbelievably good deal, wish I had been the lucky one.

Unbelievable too that you renegged on someone after accepting payment from them. Not cool.
          If it makes you feel any better, the new owner of them is looking to sell them...for $1500 + shipping... :/
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            If it makes you feel any better, the new owner of them is looking to sell them...for $1500 + shipping... :/
            Really? Got a link?

Buyer told me they were going to use it on their e30. Not that it matters to me, just wondering why he would lie.
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
              Really? Got a link?

Buyer told me they were going to use it on their e30. Not that it matters to me, just wondering why he would lie.
              Because he knows how good of a deal it was and that he was going to make $1k flipping them.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

He posted a picture of them on r3v Facebook. I commented and said that if he decides not to use them, to please let me know. Attached is our conversation. I'm all for someone making a few bucks, I don't care. The bidding war is where I have an issue. This isn't fucking eBay. Take that shit elsewhere.
                Attached Files
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  He posted a picture of them on r3v Facebook. I commented and said that if he decides not to use them, to please let me know. Attached is our conversation. I'm all for someone making a few bucks, I don't care. The bidding war is where I have an issue. This isn't fucking eBay. Take that shit elsewhere.
                  Yeah, I hear you. I just wanted it gone and thought it was semi-junk. All the messages I started to get were getting to be a bidding situation, and all involved shipping, and as you said, this isn't eBay.

Selling this stuff was never about making a lot of money obviously. Parts sales don't go far with a toddler, infant, and wife to tend to. I had already spent a couple evenings working on the stuff and as I said originally didn't want to ship. All I could do is refund and apologize to the California buyer. When you have more important priorities, the time aspect changes the way you think about things.
                  91 318is Turbo Sold
                  87 325 Daily driver Sold
                  06 4.8is X5
                  06 Mtec X3
                  05 4.4i X5 Sold
                  90 325i Sold
                  97 328is Sold
                  01 323ci Sold
                  92 325i Sold
                  83 528e Totaled
                  98 328i Sold
                  93 325i Sold

Comment

Damn.

*Heads to garage to see if there are any e30 M3 parts lying around*
                    ------------------------------------------------------
                    1982 528e - Sold
                    1987 325e - Totalled
                    1990 325is - Sold
                    1997 540i6 - Sold
                    1991 325ic - Sold
                    2013 335i - Sold
                    2005 X5 - Daily
                    1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Man thats really messed up you sold it to another guy after getting paid for it. The original buyer just didn't miss out "this time" as you put it. These are very desirable parts and hard to find at all not to mention at this price. This was really a once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't feel bad that the new owner is selling them for a very nice profit, but I do feel bad that the original buyer missed out on what could be the finishing touch on his build.
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

^I don't disagree with you on any of that. Certainly don't blame the new owner for flipping, as they say, "everyone's got their hustle.

But you have to remember before waxing all altruistic about this. I said I did not want to ship and that I have no idea what this stuff is worth. None of the original 4 or 5 guys who contacted me offered a realistic price (based on their worth that I know now), or informed me of the actual worth of the parts, and all of them involved shipping. Instead of respecting the listing they all tried to offer just enough to get me to ship, but still nowhere near a fair price for the parts.

I feel bad he missed out, but we've all had deals we missed out on in our lifetimes... be they parts, cars, etc. This is not a major life event. I did not run off with the $$$ as we have seen go down on here in the past, and I have not dodged any of his text messages. I have sold lots of stuff on R3V and been around here for a long time.
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

Seller is a really cool dude. The guy litterally couldn’t pick up the coil overs when I picked them up so I completely understand why he wouldn’t want to ship.

I should have researched the rear e30 M3 brakes and parts before I got these parts, it’s a lot more $ than I thought for the rear M3 parts. GC restoration is also more than I thought for what I wanted to do. I happen to have spare E46 M3 brakes and e46 Rear brakes. A simple 5 lug kit would have been better suited for me.

I was offered $1k + shipping before even mentioning about selling when I posted about the find. So don’t give me shit for asking for $1500 OBO when this same thread mentions that’s about what they are worth.

For now I’m looking to trade for GC coilovers or a similar setup like this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRF3CT View Post
                            Seller is a really cool dude. The guy litterally couldn’t pick up the coil overs when I picked them up so I completely understand why he wouldn’t want to ship.

I should have researched the rear e30 M3 brakes and parts before I got these parts, it’s a lot more $ than I thought for the rear M3 parts. GC restoration is also more than I thought for what I wanted to do. I happen to have spare E46 M3 brakes and e46 Rear brakes. A simple 5 lug kit would have been better suited for me.

I was offered $1k + shipping before even mentioning about selling when I posted about the find. So don’t give me shit for asking for $1500 OBO when this same thread mentions that’s about what they are worth.

For now I’m looking to trade for GC coilovers or a similar setup like this.

https://groundcontrolstore.com/colle...ver-suspension
                            Why not just connect with the original buyer in CA and offer to sell it to him for the price + shipping that OP was going to sell it for. You get your money back, the OP gets to save face and the original buyer gets what he original paid for.
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                              Why not just connect with the original buyer in CA and offer to sell it to him for the price + shipping that OP was going to sell it for. You get your money back, the OP gets to save face and the original buyer gets what he original paid for.
                              Exactly. Even if the original buyer pays a little more on top for your time. The OP was giving a great deal and now that the parts wont be used the original buyer should get them because he actually paid for them initially. Lets show some character and do the right thing rather than try to make 1k on this situation.

Comment

I’m just trading at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X