WTB - Vert M-Tech 2 Clips for Side Skirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NLA clips to hold the side skirts on an M-tech 2 convertible. I only need a couple to try to fab up some. The vert or cabrio ones are at a 90 degree angle whereas all of the still available coupe / sedan ones are at a wider angle.
    Last edited by Mwishlist; 11-20-2017, 01:36 PM.
    Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

You've got to be kidding me, I've been too lazy to order some at work and you're totally right.. They're NLA. God damit.

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 01-24-2018, 08:32 AM.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Man, I finally sourced a full OEM kit, then every clip etc EXCEPT THESE! And I have looked EVERYWHERE. I even ordered a mounting set off German Ebay and asked the guy ahead of time to verify the ones in his pictures were correct and I still got the coupe / sedan angled ones - which he refunded me for.

I have the coupe ones, I may have to get creative with a dremel and those. But my neighbor has a little home CNC set up, I was thinking if I could just get a hold of one I could maybe get him to run some.
      Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Also, if you want a laugh, the only other guy selling these:

$23,507.00. I messaged him to say, "Hey this can't be right?" and he just said something about the exchange rate. I am guessing he didn't want to sell to the US anyway.

Comment

You might have someone with a 3D printer replicate a few for you. Just a thought. I will be in a similar boat when I'm reassembling my car in a few months.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Mwishlist View Post
            Also, if you want a laugh, the only other guy selling these:

$23,507.00. I messaged him to say, "Hey this can't be right?" and he just said something about the exchange rate. I am guessing he didn't want to sell to the US anyway.

LOL, wow that guys on crack if that's seriously his asking price/ not a mistake. I think the sad part of all this is they weren't NLA only 3 months back, and I could have ordered them then.. Best of luck to both of us I suppose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              You might have someone with a 3D printer replicate a few for you. Just a thought. I will be in a similar boat when I'm reassembling my car in a few months.

He has a 3D printer too. But I don’t have any of the clips I need. If anyone can come up with one I can have I’ll gladly pay for it and see about getting some new ones printed up to send back. If not I’m going to have to mod the coupe ones. I really wanted an original as I’m not sure what height to drill etc.

Comment

I was thinking if he could Cnc out of plastic block it would be stronger than the 3D printing but I’m new to that so I’m not sure the best way to go.

Comment

Depends on the media you use. I am using PETG and had good luck with small automotive use clips.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Bump!

Comment

I've been doing a ton of research and wanted to post a few pics of the differences between coupe and convertible clips, I found a picture on google of someone comparing the two. From the looks, I want to say you could modify the coupe clips since the only difference appears to be the angles. You could maybe modify them with a heat gun and bend the plastic carefully, or cut them off and epoxy them at the correct angle needed. I was going to order them at work literally tomorrow and attempt to modify the coupe clips until I got a PM.

With all the said, Mwishlist magically found a seller online selling the NLA clips. Unfortunately that sellers now sold out. Best of luck to everyone in the future, hopefully BMW will eventually start making them again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sideskirtclip.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	7193938

Click image for larger version

Name:	sideskirtclip2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	7193939

Comment

Vert M-Tech 2 Clips for Side Skirts

Are you still in search?I have the Vert M-Tech 2 Clips for Side Skirts for sale and could provide pics and details if interested.Kindly reach me on 405 492 6298 or eddierogers596@gmail.com.

Regards

Eddie

Comment

Working...
                        X