No announcement yet.

Meaning of your Username

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a calypso e30 way back when and all my friends referred to the color as burgundy and I am a dude, so MrBurguny
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      In the late 90's-Early 2000's I was DJ'ing at raves (hyperreal.org- NW Raves FTW!) and several nightclubs here in PNW area, I went by DJ Jerm-E. It was based off my OG Hotmail account name DJJeremy.

As you probably guess, Jeremy is my first name (but not my birth name.) I'm too lazy to think of anything clever
      go onnnnn.....
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Nothing sinister - just short for Jeremiah. I don't let people call me that - strictly reserved for family and people I knew before the 3rd grade.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

well that was disappointing hahah

fun story:

I used to get called Simone on the first day of school. Every single day. for years. It drove me crazy. Kids are assholes at that age and being called Simone was not a fun way to start the year.

I get to college and Im looking at the posted grades on the wall and I see it. The most important thing I learned in college.

The grades are listed by name, in alphabetical order... and there it was....

TUMAN, SIMON E
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

all E30's I have owned are 1988 SETA E30's (2) and the first thing I do is add an I head so it seemed relevant...

Comment

2nAm: That’s very funny. You can run but you can’t hide from the E on the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                Cool Super. Are you still running?

nah, knee injury playing basketball about 5 years ago stopped my running. now I cycle and have a 100 mile bicycle race December 2nd. so, I am riding between 100 and 150 a week to be ready because I have never not finished a 100 mile race and I don't want to start with this one. I have three new cyclists I have been helping get ready but they are pretty flakey about riding properly to get ready so I don't have a lot of faith that they will make it, but we will see.

the coach called me that because I ran below 6 minute miles that the first time I ran in high school. I actually had been running sub 6 minute miles since 6th or 7th grade but I guess they didn't track that stuff. once I actually started practicing for cross country and track my times dropped to sub 5 minute miles in track and low 17 minute 5Ks for cross country. now that I am older and see how nice college scholarships are, I should have tried during those practices so I could have went to college first, and than the military.

Comment

Dare I ask...Mr Burgundy who might that be in you signature picture?

2nAm: why do I see that same guy in a number of signiture pictures here on R3V. Who is that guy in your sig picture? I feel as though I should know him.
                  Last edited by Echo30V; 11-20-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by superj View Post
                    nah, knee injury playing basketball about 5 years ago stopped my running. now I cycle and have a 100 mile bicycle race December 2nd. so, I am riding between 100 and 150 a week to be ready because I have never not finished a 100 mile race and I don't want to start with this one. I have three new cyclists I have been helping get ready but they are pretty flakey about riding properly to get ready so I don't have a lot of faith that they will make it, but we will see.

the coach called me that because I ran below 6 minute miles that the first time I ran in high school. I actually had been running sub 6 minute miles since 6th or 7th grade but I guess they didn't track that stuff. once I actually started practicing for cross country and track my times dropped to sub 5 minute miles in track and low 17 minute 5Ks for cross country. now that I am older and see how nice college scholarships are, I should have tried during those practices so I could have went to college first, and than the military.
                    Wow. Cool stuff. I played Div 1 baseball at Columbia and then after almost being killed at 9/11 as a first responder I took up Ironman Triathlon. I’ve completed 5 Ironmans. I run/ride/swim almost everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by superj View Post

You should come up here and do the Seattle to Portland ride - 200+ miles 1 or 2 days.. My buddy and I did it for the first time this year, and it was a blast!
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

the first rule of the sig pic is that we dont talk about the sig pic.... sorry
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Sounds like an incredible ride. I’d bet there are some doozy hills involved in that ride. I’m actually seriously considering doing the Double Anvil Race in Virginia. It’s a double Ironman. So it is 4.8 mile swim followed by 224 mile bike then 52 mile run all within 36 hours.

Comment

Oh, sorry, was not aware of that rule. No more sig pictures questions

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                              Oh, sorry, was not aware of that rule. No more sig pictures.

you should add an avatar though.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Will do

Comment

Working...
                                X